KMOV new graphics

Mrtraveler01

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='KentBrockman']@NEOMatrix Where did you get your information from? CBS Enforcer is syndicated package, ANYONE can use it. Hell, even non-CBS stations can use it (though I don't believe any do). It's all a matter of who wants to pay to use it. The "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature is getting to be pretty dated, and the most recent updates to the package from Gari and then from Warner-Chappell leave a lot to be desired and are not as strong as earlier variations. It doesn't have the same authoritative power that it once did. The new Enforcer V.2 is almost like 615 Music's take on the Enforcer, it sounds heavily 615, and again doesn't have the same punch it used to. So if stations are dropping CBS Enforcer, it's only because there are now better options out there (SAM's CBS Local is pretty good) and CBS Enforcer is starting to show its age. Think about it, WBBM first commissioned the Gari package in 1994 as an update to the Dick Marx package from the 1970s. I think after 24 years and dozens of discs and hundreds of cuts this package has finally hit it's twilight years. CBS Enforcer is still seen as one of the most popular choices in news music and had the most stations using it at one point. Although, one could argue the Sinclair News Package from WCPM has surpassed CBS Enforcer in the number of stations using it alone now, and that's only due to the sheer size of Sinclair.[/QUOTE] I disagree on Enforcer. It's practically CBS' answer to ABC's Eyewitness News theme (based on Tar Sequence of course). It should stay forever:D

I disagree on Enforcer. It's practically CBS' answer to ABC's Eyewitness News theme (based on Tar Sequence of course). It should stay forever:D

or NBC Collection. KMOV is using the right graphics and the right news music. it looks perfect i think more stations would've used it. its alot similar in color and design to the one Nexstar is using for their CBS affiliates.

KMOV has a special open they're using this weekend that's actually well done.

The PGA Championship is being held this weekend in St.Louis this weekend and since CBS is one of the networks broadcasting it, KMOV is going all out coverage wise as a result.

• 2 months later...

The more I watch the Weather segments, I love the graphics more and more. They might have one of the best i have seen. Love the forecast graphics the most, where the next day is bigger than the rest of the days.

• 6 months later...

Sorry that I'm late and bumping a thread that is (exactly) 6 months old, but:

RIP 2012 Belo Graphics.

Gannett was historically good (that can't be said about TEGNA in its current form) but Belo was even better (not that our Belo station was the best, although Meredith took it over and later ruined it, and no, I'm wasn't talking about KMOV, but KTVK).

Archived