KMOV new graphics

Mrtraveler01

After teasing us for over a year with a new logo for their apps, KMOV has finally implemented new graphics.

Quick observation seems to suggest that the L3s are the same ones the KPHO/KTVK duopoly however the open seems to have been inspired by the CBS O&Os. The music has also switched back to CBS Enforcer using various cuts of it.

The link below includes part of the open and also some of the graphics at work.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38769978/too-close-to-the-curb-residents-complain-of-unfair-parking-tickets

This also represents the end of the Belo graphics.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should stay consistent with Enforcer and use the newer cuts for bumpers, just like they do for the open.

Agreed, that's my only big compliment about this. Compared to what they had before, this is a dramatic improvement.

It's fine. I feel like the movement is a bit too quick, especially towards the end with the 4. But It's good.

"Watching Out For You" sucks? Tell that to KOIN 6 in Portland...

Certainly better than the atrocity "We've Got Your Back" KSN tried to use for a hot minute.

Ummmm sorry to say if Lee fits with the CBS O&Os he certainly fits with KMOV (even though that's the only Meredith-owned station to use Lee as their V/O guy)

That's assuming he thinks Brian fits the CBS O&O, which I don't think he does.

Linear Drift hit the nail on the head with another unique open with rehashed lower 3rd graphics. I wonder if this will be a trend for them, using the same template for lower 3rd and other graphics but making unique opens. Clearly, this is not the same open that KTVK/KPHO have, but it's also not what WFTV has (who originally had the lower 3rd graphics).

EDIT: I meant Hothaus, not Linear Drift. But now part of me feels like Linear Drift is behind the open, if they are that's rather unique to use two designs from two competitors at once. If it's not Linear Drift and it is in fact Hothaus, that's the most Linear Drift I've ever seen a Hothaus open.

Linear Drift hit the nail on the head with another unique open with rehashed lower 3rd graphics. I wonder if this will be a trend for them, using the same template for lower 3rd and other graphics but making unique opens. Clearly, this is not the same open that KTVK/KPHO have, but it's also not what WFTV has (who originally had the lower 3rd graphics).

But the one thing they have consistency with is Brian Lee saying "Live from the KMOV Broadcast Center in Downtown St. Louis. This is News 4, Watching Out For You." he no longer says the time of day in the intro which he did when KMOV had the Belo Graphics

Archived