Videowall Issues...

compubit

Oops -

Someone forgot to switch to a stock loop at WRC/4 Washington this afternoon (or turn on the wipers)...

Also, WJLA wasn't using live footage at noon on the background wall (weather was clear at that point...). My office building overlooks the north end of National Airport, plus we have the view from Jefferson through to the runways. I try and "track" planes coming in (the tv videos are about 2-3 seconds ahead of my view - at least on WRC...). I saw the plane on WJLA's noon news, but no plane was landing... Hmmmmm...

Jim

wrc4.jpg.b19a181d5af4901b39ac72c0bba50747.jpg

Oops -

Someone forgot to switch to a stock loop at WRC/4 Washington this afternoon (or turn on the wipers)...

Also, WJLA wasn't using live footage at noon on the background wall (weather was clear at that point...). My office building overlooks the north end of National Airport, plus we have the view from Jefferson through to the runways. I try and "track" planes coming in (the tv videos are about 2-3 seconds ahead of my view - at least on WRC...). I saw the plane on WJLA's noon news, but no plane was landing... Hmmmmm...

Jim

This is hilarious. I hope they do this more often.

Lol reminds me of KABC when it rains. The drops are huge.

Someone needs to also clean the Golden Gate Bridge camera it’s starting to have a hazy coat now

Oops -

Jim

Was it their Capital Hill Camera because it apparently is a regular camera inside one of the insert studios. The camera zoomed out a camera op at WRC and showed the chair.

Here’s the image I was referring to of their Capital Hill Camera being in a studio.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bd27K15ngQf[/MEDIA]

Oops -

Jim

Pretty sure this was done on purpose. Those cameras typically do not have autofocus (as is usual in broadcast). So that means someone purposely focused on the raindrops on the lens.

Was this leading into a weather hit? :rolleyes:

That's just called Fogust. It'll clear up again in September.

The Golden Gate Bridge camera is also shared among all the stations and is static. Tbh I always thought it was a lower quality cam than a lot of the other station-owned ones where they can pan, zoom, and focus. The vantage point from 555 Cal is pretty tough to beat.

That's just called Fogust. It'll clear up again in September.

Yup! No Sky July into FOGust. I’m not ready for the heat in sept. Last year was tough we had a power outage in the middle of the night and it was miserable....They finally cleaned the lens. KRON’s FB Live feed along with KGO and KPIX’s broadcast earlier this morning showed it’s clean view of GGB.

KTVU gets the rough end of the feeds. Especially the 555 Cal, it’s so blurry and Emeryville (which I believe KGO owns since they have an HD feed)

I don’t know who owns 555.

KTVU is the only station I know that uses it for their Noon close most of the time and sometimes at 6 and 11 overlooking the Bay Bridge.

I don’t watch KNTV as much but I believe they use it too when it’s overlooking the Pyramid. Side note I really like their Potrero Hill camera shot that overlooks the SF Skyline. I wonder what building it’s mounted on.

I’m surprised KPIX broke the rooftop cam streak and actually used the Exclusive Saleforce Tower cam on their Saturday newscast looking towards GGB. It’s about time they have some creativity with their monitor wall!

• 2 weeks later...
I don’t watch KNTV as much but I believe they use it too when it’s overlooking the Pyramid. Side note I really like their Potrero Hill camera shot that overlooks the SF Skyline. I wonder what building it’s mounted on.

I believe it's this camera mounted on top of the UPS Customer Center at 16th Street and San Bruno in Potrero Hill.

Archived