Leslie Moonves accused of sexual misconduct.

TheRolyPoly

Julie Chen will be back on the Big Brother live show Thursday. Presumably, she'll return eventually to The Talk. When she did announce that she was taking time off, she did say it was to "be with family", to which everybody knew the subtext too..

That is what she says. With Fager also out, it would not surprise me if they use someone else on Big Brother Thursday. It would not be surprising if CBS has seen the last of Julie Chen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is what she says. With Fager also out, it would not surprise me if they use someone else on Big Brother Thursday. It would not be surprising if CBS has seen the last of Julie Chen.

Did she have a different contract for Big Brother or was it tied directly to her main CBS contract?

I have a feeling that she'll be gone from The Talk ASAP, and gone from Big Brother at this current season's conclusion.

"be with the family" is code for "...

"I'm going to the spa in the Hamptons...then I'm hopping the CBS jet to Paris for a quick shopping trip...then I'm going to see my divorce lawyer (Laura Wasserman)...then I'm coming home to be on my show...

...and if you even look at me funny I will write a book about being married to you."

That's what she REALLY means.

Cuz who the hell wants to go hang out with Mother.

You know her agent and personal lawyer is her brother in law.

CBS just needs a good cleaning out. There must be a culture of this over there.

NBC seems to have only been effected by Matt Lauer (aside from the fact that execs protected him). While Fox and CBS seem to have a true culture of harassment among multiple employees. Has it touched ABC yet with current staffers (Mark Halperin was accused during his time there and fired from msnbc).

I'm waiting for it to hit the fan over at ABC. So far they've escaped any drama which makes me wonder if they're either really good at covering it up, or things are just ran that well. They gotta be loving the bad press of everyone else.

It's everywhere.

...We still have ABC left.

How many calls and emails do you think Rowan Farrow gets per day from possible new sources?

100...???

1000?

Geez, Jeff Fager made a complete ass of himself. Intimidating and threatening a reporter for asking him to provide an answer to the allegations against him was uncalled for.

Ridiculous. Talk about a culture of fear an intimidation. This sounds like Fox lite.

Never been a fan of Julie Chen although BB really suits her bratty personality. She was so out of her depth on The Early Show and other CBS News programming, yet it seemed like someone was constantly making sure she was front and center on those programs.

I was looking at the tweets reacting to Julie's stunt... and one tweet called it as Julie blatantly saying F you to all those coming forward against Les. And the tweeter was 100% right.

She'd be willing to sacrifice her career to protect her husband, no matter how bad her husband turns out to be. It's an act of total submission, not empowerment.

• 2 months later...

Moonves is not going to get that $120M severance pay. 

From Deadline:

“The Board of Directors of CBS has completed its investigation of former Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves, CBS News, and cultural issues at CBS,” the company said in a statement Monday.

“With regard to Mr. Moonves, we have determined that there are grounds to terminate for cause, including his willful and material misfeasance, violation of Company policies and breach of his employment contract, as well as his willful failure to cooperate fully with the Company’s investigation. Mr. Moonves will not receive any severance payment from the Company,” they added.

Moonves is expected to take take legal action in regards to not getting the big bucks payout he anticipated.

Archived