Leslie Moonves accused of sexual misconduct.

TheRolyPoly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what’s I find interesting it was reported that Jeff Fager hired a law firm (not sure if he did it personally or through CBS) to try to kill a WaPo story about the culture of harassment at CBS News. However Les Moonves didn’t.

Here's the link ryan was talking about: https://www.thedailybeast.com/60-minutes-boss-hired-law-firm-over-metoo-story/

This. Remember WaPo's Roy Moore sexual harassment reporting?

I remember him from his MSNBC show. There's a lot more on the way from him.

You mean this 'conspiracy'? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/27/washington-post-false-roy-moore-accusation/899705001/

And god forbid Ronan becomes sort of a 'martyr', he died swinging. You never know in this politicized world we live in.

I'll leave this sober yet true point below in regards to revelations of allegations:

[MEDIA=twitter]1022889857712934913[/MEDIA]

My favorite take of all comes from this tho: [MEDIA=twitter]1022995594900516865[/MEDIA]

"Come at the king, you best not miss"

If there's ever a living stereotype of a 1970s hollywood executive, it's Les.

I'm not surprised by the stories - it fits the stereotype - and having been in a few meetings with him, as well as having had him enter my personal space when we disagreed on something, I can see the situations. Part getting a chuckle out of knowing his diction when reading the quotes of his awkward lothario impression, part knowing how he can subtly intimidate and isn't afraid to wield the power card.

Sounds like this was nothing near a Weinstein situation, and some behavior like this had to be assumed for someone with such a showman's personality, but a shame his reign may come to an end like this.

His enthusiasm for the business was infectious, and he helped many women rise the executive ranks, but well, some of what he did otherwise isn't tolerated anymore.

Overall I'd say it's a loss for the medium of television - he was able to run CBS as if it were a family owned company - and now it may wander like it did in the late 80s and early 90s, but such are the times.

Let's see if Bob Iger remains Obama clean.

Chenbot addressed the issue (if you want to call it that) on The Talk today. She basically said you all know what’s going on in my personal life, and the one and only statement I’m going to make about it is on Twitter. She immediately moved onto the next story. She could have at least read the damn statement!

Chenbot addressed the issue (if you want to call it that) on The Talk today. She basically said you all know what’s going on in my personal life, and the one and only statement I’m going to make about it is on Twitter. She immediately moved onto the next story. She could have at least read the damn statement!

And that statement:

[MEDIA=twitter]1022968567728427012[/MEDIA]

And that statement:

[MEDIA=twitter]1022968567728427012[/MEDIA]

I read it on Twitter. I feel like it would have had more impact if she read it on the show. At least The View isn’t afraid to address hot button issues.

I really hate these, because what is the spouse expected to say - they don't support their spouse and believe the person they love is responsible for these things?

Les and Julie marriage itself is a conflict of interest.

I really hate these, because what is the spouse expected to say - they don't support their spouse and believe the person they love is responsible for these things?

Les and Julie marriage itself is a conflict of interest.

This. It's 'marital privilege' if you wanna call that. Supporting your man and believing the accusations or defending women don't equate. See also, Chris Hardwick (who was just reinstated at AMC) + Lydia (and mama Patty, yes that one) Hearst. Also think about a fragment of an audience who may have been living under a rock thru the weekend this story broke + developed. She pulled wool over their eyes + spin them stupid like 'what?'

This. It's 'marital privilege' if you wanna call that. Supporting your man and believing the accusations or defending women don't equate. See also, Chris Hardwick (who was just reinstated at AMC) + Lydia (and mama Patty, yes that one) Hearst. Also think about a fragment of an audience who may have been living under a rock thru the weekend this story broke + developed. She pulled wool over their eyes + spin them stupid like 'what?'

Does she bring up her relationship with Les on the show frequently?

The relationship is kind of an inside baseball thing I wouldn't expect the general public to be aware / or care about - he's not a celebrity himself.

I first learned of the connection when Letterman prodded her.

I read it on Twitter. I feel like it would have had more impact if she read it on the show. At least The View isn’t afraid to address hot button issues.

She probably could not as it would have appeared to be a CBS statement, not hers. Letting people know it was on twitter was fine. Considering Mooves did not voluntarily or was forced to take a LOA, probably created a need to not address it in any details on the show.

You know what’s I find interesting it was reported that Jeff Fager hired a law firm (not sure if he did it personally or through CBS) to try to kill a WaPo story about the culture of harassment at CBS News. However Les Moonves didn’t.

And it looks like the claims involving Fager turning a blind eye to (and some of the people have charged him with participating in) similar behavior are starting to move to the surface after being lost in the Moonves story

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ronan-farrow-expose-jeff-fager-harassment-60-minutes-cbs-news-1202435522/

Moonves may not be a celebrity, but he's been one of the more out-in-front and interviewed heads of CBS, probably ever. He appeared several times on Tom Snyder's Late Late Show back in the late 1990s. As for Chen's statement, it made me think of recent mess about supposed out-of-house behavior on the part of Wendy Williams' husband. Commenters are always wanting her to bring the issue up on her talk show, but it would be more than quite sticky if she did--her husband is co-EP of the talk show, is part of the team in her production company, and collaborates with her on several business ventures (including her HSN clothing line). Julie couldn't put Les out to dry and then expect there to be wine and roses afterward.

• 3 weeks later...

Tangentially related...came across this while cleaning up today...

A remote control I asked Les to sign after a meeting

[MEDIA=imgur]a/DYMnpyS[/MEDIA]

Figured this would be the only crowd that appreciates it. From back when Letterman would do those "most powerful man in television" call-in routines with Les.

• 4 weeks later...

And per NYT: Les Moonves has officially resigned.

Deadline reporting that National Amusements (Redstone) won’t talk about merging CBS and Viacom for 2 years—but they get to appoint 6 directors to the CBS board, so it’s probably gonna happen?

Deadline reporting that National Amusements (Redstone) won’t talk about merging CBS and Viacom for 2 years—but they get to appoint 6 directors to the CBS board, so it’s probably gonna happen?

I look forward to the inevitable Yo! MTV Raps on CBS. ;)

March Madness for Kids on Nickelodeon!

Also simulcast on Cartoon Network (since Turner is also in the March Madness coalition)

But seriously, since Les is gone and Shari is going to install yes-men on the CBS board, CBS might as well be run as a Viacom property, even if they can't have it for another two years.

Also simulcast on Cartoon Network (since Turner is also in the March Madness coalition)

But seriously, since Les is gone and Shari is going to install yes-men on the CBS board, CBS might as well be run as a Viacom property, even if they can't have it for another two years.

I wonder how long it'll take for CBS to be dethroned...

Archived