Leslie Moonves accused of sexual misconduct.

TheRolyPoly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$50 that Shari Redstone paid off Ronan Farrow to make this up. This doesn't feel right at all.

I think Redstone paid $50 for more than just to make the story up, I think Redstone's goal is to force Moonves out at CBS so she can merge Viacom and CBS and put Viacom's people in charge of CBS

$50 that Shari Redstone paid off Ronan Farrow to make this up. This doesn't feel right at all.

I think Redstone paid $50 for more than just to make the story up, I think Redstone's goal is to force Moonves out at CBS so she can merge Viacom and CBS and put Viacom's people in charge of CBS

I think it’s quite plausible. After all he met and began a relationship with Julie Chen while still married. He married Julie less than two weeks after he and his previous wife were finally divorced after a two year battle.

Here is Ronan’s article.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/08/06/les-moonves-and-cbs-face-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct

Here’s a sub headline that sums it up:

Six women accuse the C.E.O. of harassment and intimidation, and dozens more describe abuse at his company.

Reading it now.

Charlie Rose and now Les Moonves. Both Fox and CBS need to clean it up before it’s too late.

I can predict he's going to be gone from CBS.

I don't wanna throw any predictions here since this is not a speculation thread but:

1) That will happen

2) CBS and Viacom will merge again.

For the record, CBS Corp. shares dropped 6.12% on the news today while Viacom shares went up 4.6%

Obviously it wasn't made up. It's a lengthy piece of reporting based on dozens of interviews with named (and unnamed) sources. And the New Yorker has editorial standards and a review process just like every other major media operation.

If there is to be any conspiracy, one could suggest that Redstone arranged for these women to come out of the woodwork and tell their stories, where they otherwise might have remained silent. But to suggest that the entire article was fabricated at the direction of Redstone is, frankly, moronic.

Obviously it wasn't made up. It's a lengthy piece of reporting based on dozens of interviews with named (and unnamed) sources. And the New Yorker has editorial standards and a review process just like every other major media operation.

If there is to be any conspiracy, one could suggest that Redstone arranged for these women to come out of the woodwork and tell their stories, where they otherwise might have remained silent. But to suggest that the entire article was fabricated at the direction of Redstone is, frankly, moronic.

Regardless I think Redstone wants Moonves out at CBS so she can merge Viacom with CBS that's her goal and (unfortunately) she may have gotten her wish

You know what’s I find interesting it was reported that Jeff Fager hired a law firm (not sure if he did it personally or through CBS) to try to kill a WaPo story about the culture of harassment at CBS News. However Les Moonves didn’t.

You know what’s I find interesting it was reported that Jeff Fager hired a law firm (not sure if he did it personally or through CBS) to try to kill a WaPo story about the culture of harassment at CBS News. However Les Moonves didn’t.

Rowan Farrow is far from over.

I bet he is getting tons of juicy calls about everyone at every network....and newspapers....and popular political websites.

The fun has only begun....but I sense that some of these guys are going to start pushing back real hard.

I bet he is getting tons of juicy calls about everyone at every network....and newspapers....and popular political websites.

The fun has only begun....but I sense that some of these guys are going to start pushing back real hard.

I agree. This has hit CBS hard like Fox where both leadership and high profile/powered talent have been pushed out. I’m wondering if Ronan has or is working on anyone else at NBC seeing as they kicked him to the curb.

This. Remember WaPo's Roy Moore sexual harassment reporting?

I remember him from his MSNBC show. There's a lot more on the way from him.

I agree. This has hit CBS hard like Fox where both leadership and high profile/powered talent have been pushed out. I’m wondering if Ronan has or is working on anyone else at NBC seeing as they kicked him to the curb.

Was Ronan the one that also kicked Matt Laurer off the Today Show?

Archived