WHNS new graphics

qunewsguy

Gari absolutely has, in one glaring case (Hint: WHAS, KPHO).

This may well be 615's first crack at it.

Are we saying The Edge with Newschannel sig? I mean, I suppose you could say that. I'm actually, thinking about the WJXT-Edge custom that I have, but this was a highly specialized case. I didn't see this syndicated.

Y'all who cares if it's Icon or Chicago's Very Own in the damn signature. Both of those start with a very similar sounding six notes. CVO takes it a step further by adding another six notes. Which came first? Chicago's Very Own was commissioned before Icon News, Icon likely taking some slight inspiration from the CVO signature. What is the signature in this open? Hard to say, but yes we can agree it's a custom version of High Velocity V.3 with an altered signature that may or may not sound like Icon or CVO.

And to those of you who say 615 has never double dipped, you could never be more wrong. Take a listen to some of their much older packages from the 90s that almost sound the same except for altered signatures. Also, listen to Action News (used by WATL) and The Viper for an even clearer example.

But bottom line, let's be glad WHNS finally ditched that dark space ship look after using it for around or over 10 years and went with something fresh, modern, and a bit brighter. And damn it looks good with their logo.

Y'all who cares if it's Icon or Chicago's Very Own in the damn signature. Both of those start with a very similar sounding six notes. CVO takes it a step further by adding another six notes. Which came first? Chicago's Very Own was commissioned before Icon News, Icon likely taking some slight inspiration from the CVO signature. What is the signature in this open? Hard to say, but yes we can agree it's a custom version of High Velocity V.3 with an altered signature that may or may not sound like Icon or CVO.

And to those of you who say 615 has never double dipped, you could never be more wrong. Take a listen to some of their much older packages from the 90s that almost sound the same except for altered signatures. Also, listen to Action News (used by WATL) and The Viper for an even clearer example.

But bottom line, let's be glad WHNS finally ditched that dark space ship look after using it for around or over 10 years and went with something fresh, modern, and a bit brighter. And damn it looks good with their logo.

WUPA actually used Action News for its WXIA-produced newscast, not WATL, but good post otherwise.

Prediction: KVVU Las Vegas will get this package soon.

Another prediction: Most Meredith stations will get some kind of Hothaus package by early next year. Can’t wait to see what WSMV gets.

WSMV isn't changing. They just got their new package.

Prediction: KVVU Las Vegas will get this package soon.

Another prediction: Most Meredith stations will get some kind of Hothaus package by early next year. Can’t wait to see what WSMV gets.

WSMV got a knock off Look N package. A very poor one, must I say.

Archived