KCTV new graphics

TheRob

Very clearly the WFTV 2016 graphics package, but with a different typeface.

Based on the NMSA, KCTV's now the fourth station since last year to begin using the "Enforcer," which is interesting considering that there had been a regression in stations using Gari packages since Warner-Chappell acquired its music assets.

I'm impressed with the new graphics (and don't mind the font choices), but the choice of music is...not the best. Surely they couldn't have picked up 615's take? (Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Gari fanboy, but that disc clashes with just about everything designed more than 5 years or so after it came out.)

As a viewer of WFTV, I can tell you, it’s far from trash. Still feels as fresh as the day they debuted it. (Whilst every other package they’ve had since the HD days began started losing shelf life after the first year)

I'm impressed with the new graphics (and don't mind the font choices), but the choice of music is...not the best. Surely they couldn't have picked up 615's take? (Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Gari fanboy, but that disc clashes with just about everything designed more than 5 years or so after it came out.)

615's take? What do you mean? The only packages I know of that 615 has developed for CBS stations don't include the "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature, and the only other syndicated music package that features the signature is Stephen Arnold's "CBS Local," which might have worked a little better with KCTV's iteration of these graphics.

As a viewer of WFTV, I can tell you, it’s far from trash. Still feels as fresh as the day they debuted it. (Whilst every other package they’ve had since the HD days began started losing shelf life after the first year)

My opinion states that if a package uses blocky Helvetica-esque typefaces, it’s trash.

My opinion states that if a package uses blocky Helvetica-esque typefaces, it’s trash.

Then we’ll just have to hope that the next station that uses this uses Gotham. As intended.

I think this is a huge step down for KCTV, not saying the WFTV look is bad but compared to what they just had KCTV is going from a Maserati to a Mitsubishi in terms of quality in their on-air look.

That’s the way it seems with Meredith Stations - they get new opens that look beautiful and well done and then the next open that replaces it looks like a downgrade. Just look at KVVU - they had an interesting look that had features of the Fox O&O graphics that later became dated by 2015, and its replacement looked better afterward.

Oh, that's the other thing. They dumped whatever the old package was too. Truly what they had before went hand-in-hand as one of the best combos in the country.

It's funny, though. KCTV has had more graphic changes in the last 3 years than the other KC stations have had in the last 10.

Voila! (the V.2 sampler)

Incidentally, it happens to borrow a theme from V.3 of High Velocity.

The morning HV V.3 theme.

Also, they really shouldn't have named it Enforcer, because it has a distinctly non-Gari flavor. Maybe because they are both owned by WCPM did they name it the same, but Enforcer 'V.1' is Enforcer. 'V.2' we'll dub Only CBS.

Archived