The Green Tarp.

Eat News

This is a pic from the Thai cave rescue,

So ask yourself this...

Why the tarp?

Is it to keep the rain out?

cavetarp.jpg.b9e836755e690b8f0958ca6ed6f94cda.jpg

It's really to keep "unauthorized media" out.

The TV and movie rights to this story are HUGE...and the Thai's know this.

Now how quickly can one get large amounts of TV gear and underwater cameras...sat uplinks etc. into deep Thailand?

I'm not talking gear for

"the press"....

We talking Hollywood!

The rescue has begun...

Lets hope and pray they all get out safe...and that it makes for one great story.

Remember Chile!

And let's hope the victims, medical personnel and rescuers have the PRIVACY they deserve in all this. Let's all pray that the remainder can be rescued before new floods arrive. That should be the focus.

And let's hope the victims, medical personnel and rescuers have the PRIVACY they deserve in all this. Let's all pray that the remainder can be rescued before new floods arrive. That should be the focus.

It has nothing to do with privacy...Privacy is the excuse.

Everybody has seen the faces of the boys that was provided by the

Ruamkatanyu Foundation | Bangkok Free Ambulance Service

The western tv networks have licensed the video..they paid for it.

Access to this story is controlled by the Kingdom, because that's how it works in that part of the world.

Privacy has NOTHING to do with it.

Money talks.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a CBS news piece about how The Kingdom of Thailand is controlling the access and rights to the rescue.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand-cave-rescue-movies-may-be-under-control-of-military-government/

And in this CNN piece we find the kingdom getting a bit pissy about the whole thing..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/21/asia/thai-cave-rescue-intl/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29

Here is a CBS news piece about how The Kingdom of Thailand is controlling the access and rights to the rescue.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand-cave-rescue-movies-may-be-under-control-of-military-government/

And in this CNN piece we find the kingdom getting a bit pissy about the whole thing..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/21/asia/thai-cave-rescue-intl/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_topstories+(RSS:+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

I’m betting eventually a studio will contact one of the boys families or the team involved for details that aren’t public. They’ll get a fee (but not the amount western survivors and faimilies will get for licensing) and production will be filmed elsewhere. Aside from the transfer of the money they could skip the whole government. Or they will make movies with composite characters.

I’m curious who the five foreign film companies are mentioned in the CBS article? I assume they’re the big six - Disney, Universal, Warner Bros, 21st Century Fox, Paramount or Sony. Three of them have news divisions they can rely on for on the ground details that may not have been reported.

I’m sure John Q. Public likely doesn’t care about the names of the boys or rescuers but just want a thrilling movie similar to events that happened.

So I think this is a first MSNBC aired an episode of 4 Corners from ABC (Australia) on the Thailand Cave Rescue. Dubbed an MSNBC Special Presentation - Out of the Dark Thai Cave Rescue. It appears aside from burnt in captions they inserted stylized smaller (not their normal) astons that are about the size of their regular logo during the day side.

They mostly had interviews from the US team. It was narrated by an Australian Mark Willacy - so it’s unlike other docs NBC has purchased and aired as their own (recently NBC aired an ITN Royal Wedding special where they replaced the hosts and narrator with their own).

Archived