CBS Studio 47 Renovation

C Block

After being off air for nearly two years, it looks like Studio 47 is making a comeback. It still seems somewhat ambiguous as to whether the Evening News will move back into it. I remember a while back, there were indications that CBSN would move into 47.

[MEDIA=instagram]BkLyxNOHxiZ[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1008851103453151233[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1010182436897083394[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1010182449228369920[/MEDIA]

The photos looking towards what used to be the "studio" portion look to me like that area has been taken over by newsroom. The lighting and sound baffling on the ceiling continues into that space, which to me seems like a good sign that it's days as a full-on studio are over. CBSN? Maybe. But don't expect anything fancy.

IF they move Evening News back into there, don't expect to see much more than we already have...

I’m thinking it’s a GLORified liveshot position. Why else have the CBS News banner and what looks like a glass version of the Cronkite map?

As a side note I see all the TVs I assume they’ll monitor the various CBS feeds and NY stations. But is it common practice for networks to view unencrypted competitor feeds of their liveshots to see if there’s new information that they can verify and report?

After being off air for nearly two years, it looks like Studio 47 is making a comeback. It still seems somewhat ambiguous as to whether the Evening News will move back into it. I remember a while back, there were indications that CBSN would move into 47.

[MEDIA=instagram]BkLyxNOHxiZ[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1008851103453151233[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1010182436897083394[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1010182449228369920[/MEDIA]

Did anyone note the headers with all the logo's of CBS NEWS programming (Radio, TV, Online) yeah this is not gonna be the home of EN...

Did anyone note the headers with all the logo's of CBS NEWS programming (Radio, TV, Online) yeah this is not gonna be the home of EN...

Of course it's not. That's clearly no longer setup to be a working television studio.

• 2 weeks later...

And here's the finished product. They're calling it the "CBS News Hub."

I guess I was wrong — it doesn't look like any piece of this is made for on-air. I really thought they would at least put a flashcam in a corner or something. CBSN and the Morning News would have looked a lot nicer coming from here than the current setup.

[MEDIA=twitter]1017193020473643010[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1017158349975113729[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1017070033703489537[/MEDIA]

Glor says this is the original Cronkite map, but is it? It looks more like the replica version they made for the old set when Scott Pelley took over.

[MEDIA=twitter]1017114620144816128[/MEDIA]

Who knows how many “originals” there are of the Cronkite map. There could be original copies that were in the bureaus.

However if it was the original I would have it secured a little better and put glass in front of it to protect it. So I’m in the replica camp.

Who knows how many “originals” there are of the Cronkite map. There could be original copies that were in the bureaus.

However if it was the original I would have it secured a little better and put glass in front of it to protect it. So I’m in the replica camp.

I think the genuine original map is still in Studio 57 somewhere.

I think the original map was buried six feet under with Cronkite, along with CBS News' manual for journalistic standards.

I was told by the folks that run the CBSTECHNY instagram account that there will a flash cam studio for CBSN. Now who knows if that means CBSN moves into the newsroom as their current studio is basically a flash cam.

Archived