KSNT upgrading studio

MidwestTV

KSNT (Nexstar NBC) is finally getting a new studio after years and years of hand-me-downs. Their now old set was a hand-me-down from KSHB sometime after KSHB went HD in 2008.

I kind of grew up watching KSNT so I'm a bit aware of its history.

They did numerous refreshes to it through the years, but the basic structure was still there (the weather center remained virtually unchanged). To give you an idea of how old it was,

KSNT's studio seemingly wasn't large enough for the full thing, so they had to

(video from 2010).

They went HD in 2012 and

for the short-lived "Kansas First News" brand after they became a triopoly. Still little done to the weather center.

Finally, sometime in late 2014 or early 2015

, this time replacing the main backdrop with large printed graphics and added a large 3x3 monitor array where the old stand up used to be.

I'm excited to see what they get. Anything will be an improvement and worlds better than what WIBW currently has.

KSNT (Nexstar NBC) is finally getting a new studio after years and years of hand-me-downs. Their now old set was a hand-me-down from KSHB sometime after KSHB went HD in 2008.

I kind of grew up watching KSNT so I'm a bit aware of its history.

They did numerous refreshes to it through the years, but the basic structure was still there (the weather center remained virtually unchanged). To give you an idea of how old it was,

KSNT's studio seemingly wasn't large enough for the full thing, so they had to

(video from 2010).

They went HD in 2012 and

for the short-lived "Kansas First News" brand after they became a triopoly. Still little done to the weather center.

Finally, sometime in late 2014 or early 2015

, this time replacing the main backdrop with large printed graphics and added a large 3x3 monitor array where the old stand up used to be.

I'm excited to see what they get. Anything will be an improvement and worlds better than what WIBW currently has.

the set desk came from KTKA in 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder whats taking them so long to get the studio going. Its been almost a month. One would think it would be done by now .and if you ask them about it on facebook they dont wanna talk about it like ita some hush hush thing . i just hope it looks nice and they get better graphics and new music. I just wonder what they will use?

I have a feeling that KSNT will get the KSNW/Nexstar treatment and if KSNF decides to get a new set, the same thing will happen.

Now that KSNW is connected to KSNT and KSNF once again, they'll all get the same set and same graphics to reconnect the "Kansas State Network."

I have a feeling that KSNT will get the KSNW/Nexstar treatment and if KSNF decides to get a new set, the same thing will happen.

Now that KSNW is connected to KSNT and KSNF once again, they'll all get the same set and same graphics to reconnect the "Kansas State Network."

Was KSNF ever part of the Kansas State Network? I just hope that KSNT dosen't get KSNW's old set!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived