World News Tonight on KGO

MonkeyFighter

I was just in the Bay Area and noticed that KGO airs World News twice. They air the East Coast version live at 3:30p between Right This Minute and ABC7 News at 4:00. They then re-air World News in the normal 5:30p slot. Not sure how long they've been doing this.

I was just in the Bay Area and noticed that KGO airs World News twice. They air the East Coast version live at 3:30p between Right This Minute and ABC7 News at 4:00. They then re-air World News in the normal 5:30p slot. Not sure how long they've been doing this.

It's been a few months now and I don't understand why.

They have been doing this for a while.

It's been a few months now and I don't understand why.

They have been doing this for a while.

It’s probably filler programming until this fall when new syndicated shows start. Most if not all the existing syndicated shows are now in repeats for the summer.

I believe they lost Rachael Ray and didn’t have anything to fill it with. Rachael Ray went to KNTV who is the only NBC O&O without a 4pm newscast. I believe KGO also is the only ABC O&O with a half hour midday newscast. Hence the double run of Millionaire and Jeopardy too.

I believe they lost Rachael Ray and didn’t have anything to fill it with. Rachael Ray went to KNTV who is the only NBC O&O without a 4pm newscast. I believe KGO also is the only ABC O&O with a half hour midday newscast. Hence the double run of Millionaire and Jeopardy too.

Yeah. I'm just noticing that. KGO is the only one in the ABC circles without a full hour a midday and KNTV doesn't have 4pm news, thus the only NBC.

They're pretty much step headed children for these groups with these distinctions.

Yeah. I'm just noticing that. KGO is the only one in the ABC circles without a full hour a midday and KNTV doesn't have 4pm news, thus the only NBC.

They're pretty much step headed children for these groups with these distinctions.

*Red-headed step children

*Red-headed step children

LOL. SF is the Red Headed Market.

KTVU: won’t adopt the Box Kite Logo and Opens

KPIX: can’t make up their mind if they are CBSsf or KPIX.com. Weak Weather Team and hasn’t updated to the KCBS set.

KGO: Half Hour Midday and still using New Generation 1 disc

KNTV: No 4pm

Did/does KGO have OTA rights to MNF games involving the Raiders or 9ers? I know KABC got permission to air WNT and DWTS live due to a Rams MNF game, I wonder if that was the reason why KGO did this and just kept on with it?

It’s mish mash. KGO and KNTV only aired one Raiders game, but it switches off between CBS and FOX

49ers never aired on KGO a last season. Just CBS, FOX and one game on NBC

• 2 weeks later...
KTVU: won’t adopt the Box Kite Logo and Opens

KTVU did adopt both, but quickly reverted. Honestly, I couldn't blame them - their long-running "2" logo just looked awful in the Fox O&O logo standard design.

KPIX: can’t make up their mind if they are CBSsf or KPIX.com. Weak Weather Team and hasn’t updated to the KCBS set.

CBS is phasing out the CBS Local portals entirely (including CBSSF), so it should just be KPIX.com that is promoted. If that marketing inconsistency exists in other O&O markets, I wouldn't be surprised.

Archived