RIP Anthony Bourdain

fox2

I'm really sad about this loss, and I can't say much more. What is there to say? Anthony was someone who I related to, who spoke to me with his love of food, and especially where and how he traveled... There was just something about him. A self-deprecating charm, a bit of an introvert - he was like the "anti-TV personality". He seemed like the real deal - the opposite to the sugar-coated, manufactured type you so often see on TV. RIP.

It so surreal that he’s no longer with us. Please if you or anyone you know need help, don’t hesitate to call the Suicide Hotline

1-800-273-8255 or Free Depression hotline (630) 482-9696. I too battled with Depression for a year in 2016 and without the help from family and friends and counseling I don’t know where I would be. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I loved how his writing just seemed to come straight from him - there was no filter, no army of producers dumbing everything down and making it more "sensitive". No, he was real, he was frank and he was kind to the cultures, but he also didn't shy away from saying things that needed to be said. This was so refreshing. He also seemed to like and to go to exactly the kind of food and places I would go - for example, Syria (home to the best food on the planet, imo), Iran, Japan.. and the places I would like to go to - Libya, Greece, Egypt, Yemen..

Archived