WJHG New Graphics and Logo

TheMassMediaGeek

Well it did. I’m mad because WJHG Replaced this, used a circle 7 for over 50 years

[ATTACH=full]6156[/ATTACH]

For this: A horrible, bland, a step back, and non-circle 7 logo

[ATTACH=full]6157[/ATTACH]

As someone who grew up watching channel 7, this is a real shock for me. I was born in Panama City, and WJHG was the station I always watched. Their previous logo had been used for most of my life (it debuted in January 1998), dating back to when the circle 7 was colored white. But I guess I'll eventually adjust to it, just like when the great Joe Moore left and then passed away.....

Well it did. I’m mad because WJHG Replaced this, used a circle 7 for over 50 years

[ATTACH=full]6156[/ATTACH]

For this: A horrible, bland, a step back, and non-circle 7 logo

[ATTACH=full]6157[/ATTACH]

canal7-argentina.gif

Separated at birth?

WJHG is owned by Gray. If anything, their logo is more inspired from KOLN's 10/11 logo , especially with that off-shooting spiral.Koln.png

WJHG is owned by Gray. If anything, their logo is more inspired from KOLN's 10/11 logo , especially with that off-shooting spiral.Koln.png

Actually more inspired by WCJB: WCJB+LOGO+HD+1.png

And WRDW/WAGT:

WRDW+WAGT+OYS+2.png

Could this type of logo be a new thing for Gray?

Actually more inspired by WCJB: WCJB+LOGO+HD+1.png

And WRDW/WAGT:

WRDW+WAGT+OYS+2.png

Could this type of logo be a new thing for Gray?

Having previously worked for Gray at one of these previously-mentioned Gray stations, you’re not totally far off in your assumption. Gray does tend to favor more blue logos and more circular/oval logos in their more recent designs. The only off the wall logo I’ve seen in most recent history is KSNB which definitely deviates away from Gray’s comfort zone, which makes me think it’s not mandated but this is kind of the only ideas they can churn out for logos and that is circular/ovals and anything blue in color. Also, the majority of their in-house graphics packages are predominantly some type of blue in color.

That being said I’m not totally opposed to WJHG’s new logo but they would have been better off updating their previous logo with a KIRO treatment. It’s definitely designed from KOLN/KGIN’s logo at least in part, probably was created from the same file.

WJHG debuted new graphics and a new logo yesterday (June 8). Here is a sneak peak of the new gfx as shown in the forecast video.

http://www.wjhg.com/video?vid=485015621

And here is the new logo for WJHG

[ATTACH=full]6154[/ATTACH]

And here is WECP-LD’s

[ATTACH=full]6155[/ATTACH]

Also am I the only one who noticed they pulled a WJZ and have a poorly drawn CBS eye?

Boring and uninspired. It was bad enough that WCJB ended up with the ripoff of WRDW's logo.

That logo has been around long enough to rival WEWS's "Circle 5". And the "Local 18" branding is a major downgrade from what they had before. It almost looks as if it came from Nexstar pre-MG as something WDHN (also on 18) would have come up with!!!

Here's hoping they NEVER mess with WSAZ's logo......

Boring and uninspired. It was bad enough that WCJB ended up with the ripoff of WRDW's logo.

That logo has been around long enough to rival WEWS's "Circle 5". And the "Local 18" branding is a major downgrade from what they had before. It almost looks as if it came from Nexstar pre-MG as something WDHN (also on 18) would have come up with!!!

Here's hoping they NEVER mess with WSAZ's logo......

But the WCJB logo is a huge improvement over their previous logo.

Archived