NewcastStudio released some slideshows of the graphics and set of Telemundo's World Cup coverage.

The graphics are made by Big Block: http://www.newscaststudio.com/graphics/telemundo-world-cup-2018/

While the set is designed by HD Studios and fabricated by blackwalnut: http://www.newscaststudio.com/setstudio/telemundo-world-cup-2018/

And here's a slideshow of the graphics of TSN/CTV's coverage of the World Cup as well: http://www.newscaststudio.com/graphics/tsn-ctv-world-cup-2018/

Fox decided to break into the World Cup Brazil/Serbia match this afternoon with the Anthony Kennedy retirement news...

Which would be fine if they had Shep with a coherent special report. Instead, we got eight minutes of random Fox News Channel pundit/anchor hot air with Judge Andrew droning on and on about 'maybes' and no actual sum-up of the retirement announcement before they threw up the 'this has been a Fox News Special Report' card up and cut back to the game at the first moment they cut to another droning pundit to save us more agony. Meanwhile soccer Twitter was cursing up a storm at Fox (I admit, I was part of said storm) and were headed to Telemundo.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, on both the part of Fox Sports and Fox News. I assume it was a B-level break-in rather than 'all stations' because it seems like many still were able to watch the game (and the Fox Sports app probably had no break-in either).

Fox decided to break into the World Cup Brazil/Serbia match this afternoon with the Anthony Kennedy retirement news...

Which would be fine if they had Shep with a coherent special report. Instead, we got eight minutes of random Fox News Channel pundit/anchor hot air with Judge Andrew droning on and on about 'maybes' and no actual sum-up of the retirement announcement before they threw up the 'this has been a Fox News Special Report' card up and cut back to the game at the first moment they cut to another droning pundit to save us more agony. Meanwhile soccer Twitter was cursing up a storm at Fox (I admit, I was part of said storm) and were headed to Telemundo.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, on both the part of Fox Sports and Fox News. I assume it was a B-level break-in rather than 'all stations' because it seems like many still were able to watch the game (and the Fox Sports app probably had no break-in either).

Thank god for Telemundo.

Is it just me or is it odd to have NBCSN simulcast Telemundo's World Cup Coverage? Did NBC made a deal with FIFA to have NBCSN simulcast Telemundo's coverage or what?

Not as odd as Fox Deportes carrying repeats in English of Fox's coverage. I think as long as they stick to their correct language rights, Fox could carry reruns on Nat Geo and NBC could carry Spanish coverage on E! if they wanted to with no issues from FIFA. I also assume it's because some markets only carry Telemundo in SD so they've given them some leeway to allow HD access to the feed.

Not as odd as Fox Deportes carrying repeats in English of Fox's coverage. I think as long as they stick to their correct language rights, Fox could carry reruns on Nat Geo and NBC could carry Spanish coverage on E! if they wanted to with no issues from FIFA. I also assume it's because some markets only carry Telemundo in SD so they've given them some leeway to allow HD access to the feed.

That probably explains why NBCSN is airing the World Cup even though Fox has the English rights, not NBC

Archived