May 2018 Sweeps Ratings

AA55

Every market has details breakdown for each time slot. We don’t. Anyone have any info?

You asked in Out and About, and no one had numbers. Almost every sweeps you come here and create a new thread asking for the numbers. Do you think they’ll come out faster that way? Why the obsession with wanting to know right away every time. Be patient. When they are released someone will post.

What's with the snotty tone?

Is your life that pathetic?

Every city has their numbers out.

Organizations are starting not to report those numbers anymore. We're in different times now. For example, my former home market, South Florida, hasn't had ratings reported in years so I usually wouldn't know who's #1 there.

Not every city has its numbers out (and if they did, why you asking, go find them). Asking for it a million times ain’t gonna make it release quicker. This is a quarterly routine with you and the NY numbers and that’s pathetic.

Not every city has its numbers out (and if they did, why you asking, go find them). Asking for it a million times ain’t gonna make it release quicker. This is a quarterly routine with you and the NY numbers and that’s pathetic.

Exactly, if you need the numbers, do a quick Google Search and find them. When you find them, then create a thread with a results of your findings and we can kindly discuss amongst each other these results. :) This is a forum where we all participate and provide meaningful discussions.

Yes...

All the numbers are out...but since you are NOT a subscriber to the book then you don't get to see them.

You only get to see what Nielsen allows the stations to release per the contract.

Nobody is under any obligation to post ratings to the public. Not Nielsen...Not the TV stations....Not the reps.

You will only see what is approved...if they feel like telling you.

Otherwise...

S.O.L.

MAY 2018 DMA #1

4pm

WABC 4.2/11

WNBC 1.9/6

5pm

WCBS 4.4/12

WABC 4.3/12

WNBC 2.0/7

WNYW 1.5/5

WPIX 0.9/3

6pm

WABC 5.0/15

WNBC 3.7/9

WCBS 3.6/9

WNYW 1.7/5

11pm

WNBC 5.7/14

WABC 5.4/13

WCBS 4.8/13

Peace and ❤️

Philly May Ratings

4am: ABC .8 NBC .8 FOX .5 CBS .3

5am: ABC 1.5 NBC 1.1 FOX .8 CBS .5

6am: ABC 2.0 FOX 1.9 NBC 1.7 CBS .5

7-10AM FOX 2.0 ABC 1.6 NBC 1.4 CBS .4

NOON: ABC .9 CBS .7 NBC .4

5PM: ABC 1.8 NBC .8 FOX .5 CBS .3

6PM ABC 2.5 NBC .9 FOX .6 CBS .4

10PM FOX 1.2 ABC\PHL17 .8

11PM ABC 1.5 NBC 1.2 CBS 1.0 FOX .8

Philly May Ratings

Wrong subforum, buddy.

Philly May Ratings

I'm guessing these are demo numbers, but still, first good look we've had at the Philly market in years!

Pretty remarkable how both 10 AND 29 have made inroads at 6AM. FOX should be stronger at 5 with the Judy lead-in.

Also kinda floored how the 5AM numbers and the 11PM numbers are now comparable.

Can someone split the Philly numbers into the Philly forum? Really interesting trends from these numbers.

I'm guessing these are demo numbers, but still, first good look we've had at the Philly market in years!

Pretty remarkable how both 10 AND 29 have made inroads at 6AM. FOX should be stronger at 5 with the Judy lead-in.

Also kinda floored how the 5AM numbers and the 11PM numbers are now comparable.

I think there are two stories here: the competition at 6am and the numbers 3 is putting up.

FOX puts Jerrick and Holley on at 6 now, right? I would guess it's why there's such a large uptick from the 5am hour to the 6am hour relative to the other stations. Cringey as Good Day gets, it obviously gets ratings for them. You also can't discount how well WCAU is doing in that time period. That 1.7 is really close to WPVI's 2.0. The Davidson-Sikahema team is obviously clicking at that hour.

But those CBS numbers... egad. There's no nice way to put it: these numbers are disastrous. .3s and .5s basically across the board save for their noon and 11pm numbers, which are probably inflated by their lead-ins... major changes are needed. I appreciate the effort in creating an alternative newscast but the audience in this area is clearly rejecting it.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to comment on those 5pm and 6pm numbers. WOW. WPVI is slaughtering the competition.

MAY 2018 DMA #1

4pm

WABC 4.2/11

WNBC 1.9/6

5pm

WCBS 4.4/12

WABC 4.3/12

WNBC 2.0/7

WNYW 1.5/5

WPIX 0.9/3

6pm

WABC 5.0/15

WNBC 3.7/9

WCBS 3.6/9

WNYW 1.7/5

11pm

WNBC 5.7/14

WABC 5.4/13

WCBS 4.8/13

Peace and ❤️

Wow this maybe why WABC didn’t release a press release this sweeps because they are not #1 at 5 & 11pm... What about the morning, noon and 10pm numbers?

Hasn't WABC frequently been #2 at 5, whether against Live at Five way back in time, or losing to WCBS and their sizable Judge Judy lead-in?

From previous press releases from WABC they said they were number 1

Wow this maybe why WABC didn’t release a press release this sweeps because they are not #1 at 5 & 11pm... What about the morning, noon and 10pm numbers?

The numbers posted above are missing context. Are they total overall numbers, or demographics? And which demos? It’s common for stations to be #1 overall but #2 in the 18-39 demos. Or #1 in 18-39 and #2 overall. The whole demo spin is the way multiple stations can claim leader status. #1 overall is good press for the public and good for internal morale, but advertisers pay top dollar for the right demos, regardless of the overall gold medal. So, posting numbers without demo breakdowns or context only tells part of the story.

MAY 2018 DMA #1

4pm

WABC 4.2/11

WNBC 1.9/6

5pm

WCBS 4.4/12

WABC 4.3/12

WNBC 2.0/7

WNYW 1.5/5

WPIX 0.9/3

6pm

WABC 5.0/15

WNBC 3.7/9

WCBS 3.6/9

WNYW 1.7/5

11pm

WNBC 5.7/14

WABC 5.4/13

WCBS 4.8/13

Peace and ❤️

Philly May Ratings

How do we know these numbers aren’t made up? Where are your sources?

Um, Kelly and Ryan come on at 9am.... GMA has always gone against local FOX stations and it's always been close. This happens in MANY major markets including Chicago, NY, LA, ect..

See example:

https://www.thewrap.com/good-day-new-york-tops-gma-today-key-news-demo-march/

Again, source please. Anyone can just spew out numbers.

Ratings are proprietary data from Nielsen and cannot be fully reposted in original form. Wait for the press release if you have doubts. But if Ch 6 was #1 you'd see something from them by now. Numbers are released to advertisers *only especially when there is no clear across the board "most watched station".

I find it hard to believe that Good Day Philadelphia is beating GMA and Kelly & Ryan in Philly.

I see it, a lot of people watch Good Day around where I am, plus the numbers are close so it’s believable to me.

Archived