New set for WISN Milwaukee

jrh1985

NEW SET for WISN coming!!!! Just announced right now on the News at 5:00.

Yup, I just noticed they're on the Upfront set for the 6:00 news.

Unless they do another lackluster refresh on the set, it'll probably be a variant on the Hearst standard set... but that's still probably a trade-up from the set they've got now.

It took a few days to work the kinks out and get all the blocking right, but once they did, the Upfront studio is finally working rather well as a temporary studio. It looks so much better than their old set.

A bunch of demo pics are up on various WISN'ers Twitter accounts. There is actual demolition going on; Mark Baden said some of the smaller pieces are going to Marquette's broadcasting program.

Is the Upfront set on the former Lottery/Talking stage? I barely remember from the old days what their various studios were like.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one to have the thought that whatever the new set ends up being, that there's a chance it's going to be a letdown compared to the temporary set? IMO, they've really managed to figure out some nice looking shot selections in the Upfront set, including several that work particularly well with the OTS graphics.

The only thing I've noticed with the temporary set is quite a few sound oddities. I don't know why, but sound quality is all over the board while they're on this set. Mics are sometimes picking up too much ambient sound. Also, sometimes mics are being potted up/down oddly. Most of the time when I notice the poor audio quality, it is when one anchor is seguing to another, or when one anchor is moving to or from the desk, but it isn't isolated to those moments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A preview of the new set. Looks like they're keeping with the stone accents featured in the temporary/UpFront set.

NICE!!! on both counts! Love the set! Love the 11AM News!(too bad I get home at 11:45!)

I assume GMA Day is at 12:00? What's happening to Dr. Oz?

Are we waiting till Sept 10th for the set or not?

If this works, here's the ad for the 10:00 news, with some additional shots of the set, or at least some additional versions of the same shots.

[MEDIA=vimeo]287745413[/MEDIA]

Looks like a video wall right next to the weather pod, both just outside the weather office. That'll be convenient for breaking weather coverage... the meteorologist can easily segue back and forth between the wall and pod as needed, and can work directly with someone back in the office.

If this works, here's the ad for the 10:00 news, with some additional shots of the set, or at least some additional versions of the same shots.

Looks like a video wall right next to the weather pod, both just outside the weather office. That'll be convenient for breaking weather coverage... the meteorologist can easily segue back and forth between the wall and pod as needed, and can work directly with someone back in the office.

Looks great! Anyone heard a debut date?

Talk about an anchor team with complicated last names.

Now there's a Commercial for Mark/Weather Watch 12. It's the same one they had, but with the new set. We have to be close. I have not heard anything on 12 News about the set or 11AM News starting next week, just the commercials we've seen.

However, I'm liking the full opens for 12 News At 5:00 the last 2 nights!

Archived