The Address is CBS - 1997

ColDayNews

Features Fran Drescher, Gregory Hines, Doug E. Doug, Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad, Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, David Letterman, Ed Sullivan, Kyle Chandler, Gerald McRaney, Jonathan Lipnicki, Reginald velJohnson, Ray Romano, Cybill Shepherd, Chuck Norris, Della Reese, John Dye, Roma Downey, Jane Seymour, Dan Rather, and Bryant Gumbel among others.

CBS did a promo with their then-current TV shows (i.e. Cosby, Everybody Loves Raymond, Touched by an Angel, Dr. Quinn, Early Edition, Promised Land, etc.) and their past (i.e. The Honeymooners, The Ed Sullivan Show, etc.)

Great nostalgia-themed promo.

Features Fran Drescher, Gregory Hines, Doug E. Doug, Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad, Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, David Letterman, Ed Sullivan, Kyle Chandler, Gerald McRaney, Jonathan Lipnicki, Reginald velJohnson, Ray Romano, Cybill Shepherd, Chuck Norris, Della Reese, John Dye, Roma Downey, Jane Seymour, Dan Rather, and Bryant Gumbel among others.

CBS did a promo with their then-current TV shows (i.e. Cosby, Everybody Loves Raymond, Touched by an Angel, Dr. Quinn, Early Edition, Promised Land, etc.) and their past (i.e. The Honeymooners, The Ed Sullivan Show, etc.)

Makes me wonder how Lucy would have done on twitter.

Is it just me or is that "I Love Lucy" in the promo? Because it looks like it to me

Here is the local version from KCBS Los Angeles. It features anchors Michael Tuck and Ann Martin, weather anchor Steve Rambo and the great Jim Hill on sports who is still at KCBS to this day. There is also a cameo from the now defunct Special Assignment Unit. I can name everyone in the unit. Who can you guys spot? Joel Grover is now at KNBC and Drew Griffin went on to CNN. I always thought the stories from the Special Assignment Unit were top notch.

WDBJ was a CBS affiliate, right? Just wondering... since none of the shots in the entire promo are from CBS shows (I mean, except Andy Griffiths).

Yeah, they're CBS. I guess they decided to focus the promo on their local/syndicated programming.

• 1 year later...

Two years after KCNC became a CBS O&O station - after NBC sold Channel 4 to CBS in 1995 - there was a localized version of the CBS 1997-98 promo.

Cue the video to the 2:10 mark - The Address is NEWS4 (now CBS 4 News) Welcome Home to the Spirit of Colorado

The promo geniuses at 1045 Lincoln Street have taken the CBS 1997 promo, and incorporated it into KCNC's locally-produced Spirit of Colorado promo, minus the gigantic Colorado flag (CLICK HERE). 

Even the rewrite of the lyrics to the CBS Campaign for KCNC is awesome, which describes the beauty of our state

CBS original opening lyrics

You've Been So Many Places
It's Not Hard to Lose Your Way

It Can Make You Long For

Somewhere You Can Call Your Own

KCNC rewrite describing Colorado

You've Been So Many Places
Far Across the Great Divide

The Spirit of Colorado

Where the Mountains Reach the Sky

Archived