WMC New Voiceover

memnews

WMC has dropped John Young in favor of a new voiceover artist. Young had been supplying voiceovers for the station since 2002, according to NMSA. I'm not sure who the new guy is, but I've attached some clips in case anyone can identify him.

Well, I had some voice memos, but looks like the file type doesn't work. And my video, no matter how much I trim it, remains too large to upload, apparently. So... I guess just watch the live stream at 10 if you're really interested? :D

WMC has dropped John Young in favor of a new voiceover artist. Young had been supplying voiceovers for the station since 2002, according to NMSA. I'm not sure who the new guy is

So did sister station WALB. The station dropped Young in favor of Mark Peeples.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh... I love those graphics but they look very cheap sped up like that. That over used first alert slogan that WAFF and now WALB are using needs to go.

WALB started 2018 with John Young:

then switched to Mark Peeples in May:

and now they sped up the open and changed slogans:

I agree about the graphics when they're sped up. As for the "First Alert" slogan, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all Raycom stations using that these days? Definitely overused.

If there is in fact a reason behind John Young being dropped from all these Raycom stations... it's unfortunate that WMC wasn't able to switch to Mark Peeples as well. Their new voiceover doesn't sound quite as professional as Young or Peeples. (Just my opinion, though.)

Definitely. WMC briefly had a series of commercials claiming they were "your first alert to breaking news." Better than some applications of the brand, but I still agree that it's best when applied solely to weather.

Archived