Euronews NBC launches "Good Morning Europe"

C Block

Euronews launched its first-ever general news program with an in-vision anchor. It comes live from Lyon and features the usual roster of news that you'd expect on the channel, though with a handful of live reporters. Looks like they're MMJing it in all these European capitals, as there's definitely not a photog behind any of these live shots. Also, there's "The Cube," which feels like a riff off the Orange Room on the Today show. They also ran a package from Nightly News, which is the kind of stuff they've been doing for months, though it's still different. Otherwise, there aren't any signs of NBC putting their stamp on the channel...yet.

Highlights:

Full newscast:

I will take a look at it tomorrow morning. I know a few months ago, during the sports news, which is usually all soccer news, sometimes rugby, they gave the score and some highlights of an NBA game.( It wasn't the playoffs, and they showed highlights of one single game, Miami Heat, if I remember correctly) I said to myself, what the hell is that, I have never seen basketball coverage on Euronews... Europeans don't care about basketball..... Must be the NBC influence filtering in.

Archived