XETV-6 Wassup?

Eat News

@ XETV-6 ???

This new sign was spotted on the admin building at the old XETV studios in San Diego.

Then old CW signs are still on the news building along with the sat dishes.

But

with "Encore Events Center"????

encorexetv1.jpg.6c7503569205519b747e67d9ce00a312.jpg

While you all ponder...let's watch this daebak video from

......nice breakdown girls!

Gotta get me one of those color bars sweaters.

@ XETV-6 ???

This new sign was spotted on the admin building at the old XETV studios in San Diego.

Then old CW signs are still on the news building along with the sat dishes.

But

with "Encore Events Center"????

[ATTACH=full]6110[/ATTACH]

While you all ponder...let's watch this daebak video from

......nice breakdown girls!

Gotta get me one of those color bars sweaters.

Well since XETV’s US-based operations are largely defunct since losing the CW affiliation and shutting down their news department and being run now mostly from Tijuana, it looks like a portion of the old studios was renovated and is being leased out as event space. The CW logos on the news building are likely still there because that portion of the building is still not being used for anything.

Well since XETV’s US-based operations are largely defunct since losing the CW affiliation and shutting down their news department and being run now mostly from Tijuana, it looks like a portion of the old studios was renovated and is being leased out as event space. The CW logos on the news building are likely still there because that portion of the building is still not being used for anything.

What "old studios" were renovated?

I can't find anything on this "project".

No website...

No city permit request..

Nada.

EDIT...snip!

Prepare to make me look stupid.....

What "old studios" were renovated?

The only studio on the site is the small news studio in the news building. There are NO other studios on that site. The 1 story admid building never housed any studio(s) since it was built in the early 70's. The XETV Studios are in T.J.

I can't find anything on this "project".

No website...

No city permit request..

Nada.

http://encoreeventcenter.net/index.html

Oh for crying out loud...

God I feel stupid now...(Pretty...but still stupid)...

I tried that every which way but.......

How did I miss that?

Well no Univision -6 in the future I guess.

It sounded fun.

It's a pretty bold venture according to the website.

A huge advantage is you can make all the noise you want because there are NO homes for a few miles...zero complaints.

But it's still an industrial park.

My next question...

Who is behind this venture?

What happened to all of their equipment, still in the building? Set, live trucks, satellite trucks (I think they had 2 uplink ones)?

They had an auction by private appt a few months after the shut down

Would be interesting to see who picked up their stuff.

Well lucky you...cuz I just happened to get a pic of the buyers after they loaded up the truck ...and headed back to Tijuana on I-5 south.

junktj.jpeg.f65df5199f3fecb9b3834ba626484a12.jpeg

Maybe they are using the old news studio as a storage space for tables, chairs, tablecloths and other knick knacks.

That's kinda sad now that I think about it...

You can do tours by appointment. (Also sounds like the perfect place for a hypothetical TVNT meetup if ever there was one.)

It looks like this grand project has not made it to the news building yet....just the admin building. It looks nice so far.

But wait till they tackle the 3 story news building.

Cuz it's not really designed as "event space"...unless you like bath houses and edit bays.

Oh My!

I'm just glad to see the buildings being used for something. Many times consolidation, moves to other locations, mergers, and shutting down of news departments tend to leave behind empty buildings with history that are either demolished or dilapidated.

For an example, see KCOP's old studios from when they moved in with KTTV. The building sat empty for years, and when it was finally demolished it had been destroyed beyond repair from squatters and vandals. I read an article once that said the entire newsroom was covered in graffiti, trash, rotting food, human waste, etc. and homeless people were living inside edit bays. It's just sad to hear.

.... the entire newsroom was covered in graffiti, trash, rotting food, human waste, etc. and homeless people were living inside edit bays. ....

Sounds like a typical day in in the life of a tv news operation......

I'm just glad to see the buildings being used for something. Many times consolidation, moves to other locations, mergers, and shutting down of news departments tend to leave behind empty buildings with history that are either demolished or dilapidated.

For an example, see KCOP's old studios from when they moved in with KTTV. The building sat empty for years, and when it was finally demolished it had been destroyed beyond repair from squatters and vandals. I read an article once that said the entire newsroom was covered in graffiti, trash, rotting food, human waste, etc. and homeless people were living inside edit bays. It's just sad to hear.

Didn't they also do a few years of Hells Kitchen from there (or did they tear down and build a new structure)?

Does any XETV alum know the answer to this...

In the final days of XETV- News...

How has the news dept signal getting to the transmitter?

Was full-time fiber established to Mt. San Antonio or did they continue to use the fixed sat uplink ?

Any TV Magic folks know?

Didn't they also do a few years of Hells Kitchen from there (or did they tear down and build a new structure)?

Correct! Hell's Kitchen was taped from the old KCOP studios on LaBrea Ave. for a few seasons. Anyone know what happened with the old KCAL studios on Melrose?

Archived