Christina Park quits Fox 5

anchorman

This is very upsetting news. I thought Christina would eventually take over for Ernie. She is definitely a very solid anchor. She should have been the lead female all along.

I'll miss her a lot. It is interesting that the article even references her as well liked. I'm surprised Fox 5 didn't try to keep hr.

Robert Moses is filling in tonight.

I honestly believe that the age of the building is contributing to the sickness that forces her to quit-- the building dates back to the 1930s and DuMont, there's probably asbestos, lead, and god knows what else in the walls.

I honestly believe that the age of the building is contributing to the sickness that forces her to quit-- the building dates back to the 1930s and DuMont, there's probably asbestos, lead, and god knows what else in the walls.

I wouldn’t want to work in an antique newsroom like WNYW’s, apparently.

I hope she lands on her feet somewhere soon.

WTMJ's building dates to 1941, while WBAY works out of a converted 1927 Knights of Columbus hall (along with KWWL's heralded remodeling)...but the difference there is that those two do the continuing maintenance for the most part. WNYW's last exterior remodeling still has the draft Fox logo that was never used on-air while FNC gets spoiled getting new studios and the end of the ex-Sam Goody stockroom newsroom this year, so who can blame someone for leaving because the money isn't being put into the physical product?

And what gets me is they have a somewhat modern building in 9 Broadcast Plaza in Secaucus which is barely being utilized (and remodeling would be reasonable there), but they won't make the move because you know the NY congressional delegation will declare 'a pox on Fox 5'. It might be time to make the move, civic pride be damned.

WTMJ's building dates to 1941, while WBAY works out of a converted 1927 Knights of Columbus hall (along with KWWL's heralded remodeling)...but the difference there is that those two do the continuing maintenance for the most part. WNYW's last exterior remodeling still has the draft Fox logo that was never used on-air while FNC gets spoiled getting new studios and the end of the ex-Sam Goody stockroom newsroom this year, so who can blame someone for leaving because the money isn't being put into the physical product?

And what gets me is they have a somewhat modern building in 9 Broadcast Plaza in Secaucus which is barely being utilized (and remodeling would be reasonable there), but they won't make the move because you know the NY congressional delegation will declare 'a pox on Fox 5'. It might be time to make the move, civic pride be damned.

Well, technically, that logo was used on air, just not as the actual network logo. There's also a set of exterior doors with handles that still have the old Metromedia logo:

tumblr_m2csmyAig01qgbld8.jpg

Archived