Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

5 hours ago, JRogotzke said:

Gray doesn't need KNBN (NBC), they are locally owned and I doubt Jim would sell since he's been putting effort and money into the quality of the station. Gray already has 2 stations in Rapid City, KOTA (ABC) & KEVN (FOX). If Gray wanted to do something they could improve what they already have, maybe we'll see "Black Hills News Now"?  They are getting by with the bare minimum in terms of stories, talent and amount of produced newscasts all while the quality, content and personalities at KNBN are picking up, they might be a small locally owned station in an old building with an old set, but when it comes to local/state politics, in-depth reporting and breaking news KNBN owns it. -- I live in Western SD so I watch these stations everyday.

I can't see a KOTA/ KEVN/KNBN TV TRIOPOLY in Rapid.  Also a KSFY/KDLT/KTTW in Sioux Falls. I know Topeka, KS, and Youngstown, Ohio, have this scenario. Will see what happens. 

28 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

Isn't KEVN an LD station?

Yes, it's an LP. But I wouldn't think the DOJ would allow Gray to acquire a station like KNBN.

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yes, it's an LP. But I wouldn't think the DOJ would allow Gray to acquire a station like KNBN.

I believe it would only work should Nexstar ever decide to separate KCLO from the rest of the KELOland and create a western South Dakota specific station.

BTW: Gray appearantly still has their proposed purchase of KCPM in Grand Forks, ND still pending.