KIEM Rebrand

CircleSeven

I never liked the 3D-ishness of the old number logo, but this new number logo seems like it's in a half-done font. It's just weird-looking. Never seen a 3 like it. The upper-right part of the numeral needs straightened.

I don't mind "Redwood News", homey as it kind of is, but I'd prefer the channel number mentioned as well.

I never liked the 3D-ishness of the old number logo, but this new number logo seems like it's in a half-done font. It's just weird-looking. Never seen a 3 like it. The upper-right part of the numeral needs straightened.

I had a KESQ vibe when I saw this logo... at least the numeral anyway.

9W_eXlxC_400x400.jpg

The old KIEM logo reeked of 80s... the new one looks mid-market late 90s.

I almost forgot to mention there could be a reason why they rebrand it "Redwood News". There's some new job postions stating that they wanted to start airing news on sister CBS outlet KVIQ-LD.

For one of the positions:

In this full-time position, you will produce, anchor and report for the market’s news leader, KIEM-DT (NBC), as well as help launch news on our CBS affiliate, KVIQ-LP (CBS). Our right candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and have strong journalism skills.

It doesn't seem to make much sense to keep CBS on an LP when the main full power channel has no subchannels.

They might not have the equipment. KVIQ is apparently being moved to an LPTV upon Brian Brady also buying KIEM (Prime Cities Broadcasting bought the full-power station and recalled it KJRW).

The question is, honestly — why use this puny signal?

They might not have the equipment. KVIQ is apparently being moved to an LPTV upon Brian Brady also buying KIEM (Prime Cities Broadcasting bought the full-power station and recalled it KJRW).

The question is, honestly — why use this puny signal?

That shows KVIQ-LP's old analog signal. Their digital signal is more comparable to what they had on the full-power KVIQ.

That shows KVIQ-LP's old analog signal. Their digital signal is more comparable to what they had on the full-power KVIQ.

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense.

KJRW, the full-power KVIQ licensee (apparently it's still carrying the KVIQ feed? I'm not too sure), applied for an STA yesterday to go silent. While KJRW has double the ERP, that's not much of a coverage difference.

The STA states:

"KJRW had technical problems, which were not able to be remedied within thirty days of the station’s having been taken silent. The public interest would be served by grant of the requested STA, to enable the licensee to resolve the problems and resume local television broadcast service to residents of Eureka, California. Accordingly, Special Temporary Authority to remain silent for an additional 180 days pending resolution of the problems is respectfully requested"

Archived