KNBC

John2016

I don't think Alysha is MIA. She is on vacation in Hawaii according to her Instagram @AlyshaNBCLA. She goes to Hawaii a few times a year it looks like. She was wildly popular when she was at KABC, so it was only wise for KNBC to snag her. Kim Tobin announced her move to LA on social media as well. Nothing to see here.

I don't think Alysha is MIA. She is on vacation in Hawaii according to her Instagram @AlyshaNBCLA. She goes to Hawaii a few times a year it looks like. She was wildly popular when she was at KABC, so it was only wise for KNBC to snag her. Kim Tobin announced her move to LA on social media as well. Nothing to see here.

Just pointing out that Kim Tobin is in LA....

Why does the station state that Robert Kovacik is an anchor and reporter? He is just a reporter and fill in anchor.

Because "fill in anchor" is not a job classification at NBC.

You Anchor..

...or you don't.

It's a union thing.

• 2 months later...

Who will replace Chuck Henry when he retires? He's currently 72. My guess is that the station is planning on promoting Robert Kovacik as the main anchor to replace Chuck Henry. Kovacik is the primary fill in when Henry is on vacation or assignment.

Adam Kuperstein works in New York.

I think KNBC should promote someone within the station or locally, but not Robert Kovacik. Even though I don't think he should get the position, Kovacik probably will takeover the 5 & 11pm once Henry retires.

My money would be on Kovacik. Last week's fires and the Thousand Oaks shooting reinforce the fact that someone who understands the market is needed when big stories break. Robert Kovacik spent several years at 13 (back when they had a news department) before going to NBC4. Not that Adam Kuperstein couldn't do it, but he is not familiar with the market at all. You don't learn Southern California in just a few short weeks. Even though there are only a handful of counties (LA/Orange/San Bernardino/Riverside/Ventura), the Southland is vast and a local needs to truly understand it. Don't think Chuck is retiring in the near future, but thats just my two cents.

I don't think Henry will retire, but he should. He is getting old and should let the younger generation of reporters and anchors take over. Maybe, KNBC should reduce Henry's anchor duties like they have been doing with Coleman's weather duties. By doing this, Henry will still be anchoring, but won't be off the air.

I think that they should revamp their anchor team.

Today In L.A. - Adrian Arambulo and Daniella

Midday Report - Ted Chen & Kathy Vara

4pm - Michael Brownlee & Kathy Vara

5pm - Colleen Williams & Robert Kovacik

6pm - Robert Kovacik & Carolyn Johnson, 7-8pm on Cozi TV (New Newscast)

11pm - Colleen Williams & Chuck Henry

Today In L.A. Weekend - Mekahlo Medina & Annette Areola

Weekend Evening Newscast - Michelle Valles & John Cadiz Klemack

I think that they should revamp their anchor team.

Today In L.A. - Adrian Arambulo and Daniella

Midday Report - Ted Chen & Kathy Vara

4pm - Michael Brownlee & Kathy Vara

5pm - Colleen Williams & Robert Kovacik

6pm - Robert Kovacik & Carolyn Johnson, 7-8pm on Cozi TV (New Newscast)

11pm - Colleen Williams & Chuck Henry

Today In L.A. Weekend - Mekahlo Medina & Annette Areola

Weekend Evening Newscast - Michelle Valles & John Cadiz Klemack

So you’re suggesting they have 5 male anchors and 4 female anchors on weekdays? I don’t see that happening. It makes no sense for Ted to anchor a half hour. You’re also demoting Carolyn to a half hour. And if Chuck is going to reduce his duties I see him dropping the 11pm, not the 5pm and 6pm. The NBC O&Os tried the 7pm newscasts on COZI already and they ended up dropping them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we have the first look at California Live set.  It’s looks like the area between the widescreen monitor and three stacked monitors on the left side of the KNBC set. It’s so minor it doesn’t even warrant its own thread.  

I was half expecting them to use that one corner type set they have in a different studio.  I am curious how things would be handled if KNBC had to go long at 11 and where would CA Live move to as KVEA has noon news. 

Edit: Now I’m confused here’s the set for the golden globes special.  The 3 vertical monitors are missing.

And here’s how it looked back in November. 

Here’s the corner set I was talking about.

44 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

Well we have the first look at California Live set.  It’s looks like the area between the widescreen monitor and three stacked monitors on the left side of the KNBC set. It’s so minor it doesn’t even warrant its own thread.  

Edit: Now I’m confused here’s the set for the golden globes special.  The 3 vertical monitors are missing.

The verticle monitors are not missing. The monitors feature the GG images on a black blackground.

Just now, CircleSeven said:

The verticle monitors are not missing. The monitors feature the GG images on a black blackground.

No that’s the regular flatscreen that’s there. The monitors would be where the fake shelving unit is. 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:22 PM, TVNewsLover said:

No, the midday news is being cut to a half hour. WNBC has had a similar show for a while.

WNBC still does - New York Live.  They also produce a similar show for WBTS out of NY. 

KNTV was showing an episode of CA Live of the show last night.

looks like NBC Bay Area’s Hour newscast will be cut to half an hour while KGO just announced before commercial break that they are going a full hour the same day CA Live debuts. It will be called ABC 7 Midday Live. 

4EA12244-05E7-4D68-9A7B-8304E4394769.jpeg

Archived