Joy Reid Racist Slurs and Nazi friends

Eat News

I don't think it's all right wing stuff. The Intercept and the Atlantic have both written pretty tough things about her in the last two days.

And the issue isn't necessarily just that she wrote these things — the issue is that she's saying they came from hackers, but there's no way that's possible because these blog entires were pulled through the Wayback Machine.

I don't think it's all right wing stuff. The Intercept and the Atlantic have both written pretty tough things about her in the last two days.

And the issue isn't necessarily just that she wrote these things — the issue is that she's saying they came from hackers, but there's no way that's possible because these blog entires were pulled through the Wayback Machine.

It is pretty tough to see these comments, they sound true and upsetting as fan. But I have to ask if this was the same person in December who found the "Miss Charlie" comments why did he not see or postbthese current ones at thentime? Clearly it seems he was going post by post by her archives.

As for her show on MSNBC I think they're defending her as it is one of their highest rated shows.

I'm going to boycott her.

Does she make anything or sell anything I can boycott?

"No more AM Joy for me" she said.

Ok I get that we all say stupid stuff at some time. We also have changes in values and beliefs.

I myself used to call homos and gays bad words. But then they called me bad names "sucker fish"e and "bottom feeder".

She is totally entitled to have her opinion and her show and job...

But for God sake woman...Don't try to cover it up and deny the whole thing.

"How do they hack the wayback machine? " asked Sherman .

Own it...and move on.

Joy Reid continues to be in denial...won't apologize for recent rants and still claims the Wayback was hacked.

"MSNBC host apologized for the controversy, but said that she still doesn't think she wrote the posts in question."

Good Grief!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/msnbcs-joy-reid-says-i-genuinely-do-not-believe-i-wrote-hateful-things-1106686

I have never heard of an instance where the Internet Archive was hacked. Heck, they won't archive anything (or very little besides a front page) that has a "robots.txt" file inserted on the main level.

Honestly, that is a strange hill for Joy to fight on. She could have simply gone the Rob Portman** route and said, "I held these views in the past, but I evolved out of them, and don't represent me in any way today." She'd still be taking her lumps, but lumps are pretty much expected here.

**Sen. Portman used the "evolved" line when explaining his support for same-sex marriage in 2014.

I have never heard of an instance where the Internet Archive was hacked. Heck, they won't archive anything (or very little besides a front page) that has a "robots.txt" file inserted on the main level.

Honestly, that is a strange hill for Joy to fight on. She could have simply gone the Rob Portman** route and said, "I held these views in the past, but I evolved out of them, and don't represent me in any way today." She'd still be taking her lumps, but lumps are pretty much expected here.

**Sen. Portman used the "evolved" line when explaining his support for same-sex marriage in 2014.

Exactly and especially so since her defense is so convoluted and bizarre. It's really not that hard and this problem would have gone away.

And we saw the defense of her from a number of MSNBC hosts saying "we've all evolved on things, etc." That's fine except it conveniently ignores the part where she made up this hacking defense for no reason.

As for her show on MSNBC I think they're defending her as it is one of their highest rated shows.

Bill O'Reilly had the highest rated show in all of cable news and look what happened to him. There are no sacred cows, not should there be.

Archived