Is it me or was TheWB's graphics better than CW?

Andy B

[yt=425,350]YdgGJ8pJWs8[/yt]

vs

[yt=425,350]mWaOb1kV9fs[/yt]

Now I'm aware that TheCW is completely a different network, but their current package really puts me off. TheWB's was so much superior, it was classy and at the same time professional, and artistic IMO.

both graphic packages appeal to me, however, i'm leaning towards the the cw package because as a young person, it just calls me more, i don't know why but it does. don't get me wrong though, i like the wb package too.

The entire theme to The WB's promotions (graphics, ads, everything) made the whole network actually FEEL like a well run, polished, professional network. There definitely was a higher class feel to the promos without feeling stuffy or dated.

The ONLY bad thing about them was the use of the word "fresh," which they eventually dropped anyway (as in "tonight on The WB, a fresh new episode of Seventh Heaven...")

The ONLY bad thing about them was the use of the word "fresh," which they eventually dropped anyway (as in "tonight on The WB, a fresh new episode of Seventh Heaven...")

I agree completely. The only time the word "fresh" should ever be used is when speaking of vegetables and the brief period of time following a douche.

BTW, the CW's gfx package really hits new peaks of hideousness when used on WPSG's Wake Up News -- number 5 in the ratings, but number 3 in our hearts!

I agree completely. The only time the word "fresh" should ever be used is when speaking of vegetables and the brief period of time following a douche.

BTW, the CW's gfx package really hits new peaks of hideousness when used on WPSG's Wake Up News -- number 5 in the ratings, but number 3 in our hearts!

It's amazing how WPSG had good graphics when they was UPN station, but as a CW station, a huge step down!

I liked the original CW concept graphics and logo which were rejected (never aired) for the CW graphics we see. Most people never saw the original CW graphics which were identical to WGN's news graphics and the logo matched WGN's logo.

i can't stand WGN's graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GForceTV

I liked the original CW concept graphics and logo which were rejected (never aired) for the CW graphics we see. Most people never saw the original CW graphics which were identical to WGN's news graphics and the logo matched WGN's logo.

Ooooh, do you have any clips of those?

Unfortunately, no.

Guest GForceTV

Unfortunately, no.

Any screengrabs?

Archived