KTLA Adding 11am News

FiveNews

According to a tweet from midday anchor Glen Walker posted on FTVLive, KTLA is adding another hour of news at 11am next week. I'm not sure if this will run under the KTLA Morning News umbrella. The station will now have EIGHT straight hours of news in the morning (4am-12noon).

As of next week, KTLA's news lineup will be as follows:

Weekdays-

4am-12pm, 1pm, 3pm, 6pm, 10pm and 11pm.

Weekends-

6am-11am, 6pm, 10pm, 11pm (9pm as well on Sunday nights)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to a tweet from midday anchor Glen Walker posted on FTVLive, KTLA is adding another hour of news at 11am next week. I'm not sure if this will run under the KTLA Morning News umbrella. The station will now have EIGHT straight hours of news in the morning (4am-12noon).

As of next week, KTLA's news lineup will be as follows:

Weekdays-

4am-12pm, 1pm, 3pm, 6pm, 10pm and 11pm.

Weekends-

6am-11am, 6pm, 10pm, 11pm (9pm as well on Sunday nights)

If they were gonna add a midday newscast, it would have made sense to move the 10:00 a.m. hour of the KTLA Morning News to 11:00, and cede the 10:00 hour to syndicated shows. BTW, the 9:00 p.m. Sunday Edition's days are numbered, what with The CW restoring a Sunday night lineup in the fall.

News overload. Eight hours of news is just so needlessly excessive.

I agree. I think eight straight hours of local news in the mornings is a bit much.

But what KTLA is doing is simliar to what WISH-TV in Indianapolis already does. They have their Daybreak show on from 4-10am, then they have their Indy Style show (not really news, but still a WISH produced show) from 10-11am, and then the midday news from 11am-12pm.

Is there any local TV station in the US that airs more news than KTLA? I swear it seems like they have more than anyone, not counting local cable news nets like NY1 or News Channel 8 of course.

WJW in Cleveland has about as much news as KTLA.

EDIT: Just did the math, and WGN has more news that KTLA.

4-10am, 11am-1pm, 4-7pm, 9-10:30pm is what their weekday schedule looks like.

If they were gonna add a midday newscast, it would have made sense to move the 10:00 a.m. hour of the KTLA Morning News to 11:00, and cede the 10:00 hour to syndicated shows.

"Crime Watch" and "Irvine" are dead shows walking, and we still have no idea what Tribune or Sinclair will do with the 'Daytime' hour next season (I say the CW should just void the contract if Tribune/Sinclair is going to keep giving them LCD talk shows). "Crime Watch" already has a dead-of-night replay so few will actually be affected and they'll definitely get better revenue with an 11am show than having to give money to WBTVD for what will be nothing but repeats after May.

KTLA: Southern California’s News Station

Does KCAL still have the 2pm news to fill the hour gap?

Is KABC still doing 7pm news on KDOC?

If so, That makes news available on all channels from 4am to 11:30pm

KTLA: Southern California’s News Station

Does KCAL still have the 2pm news to fill the hour gap?

Is KABC still doing 7pm news on KDOC?

If so, That makes news available on all channels from 4am to 11:30pm

KTLA: Yep.

KCAL: Nope. It airs Judge Mathis instead. 2:00pm is the only break the market has.

KABC: Yep and its seven days a week.

I'm not sure if this will run under the KTLA Morning News umbrella. The station will now have EIGHT straight hours of news in the morning (4am-12noon).

)

That's great if you want straight news.

But what about the LGBT news?

(missed that part about Lu Parker anchoring....the ex-squeeze of ex-LA mayor Tony Vilar...full disclosure right?)

Continuing police chase with Glen Walker and Lu Parker taking over started off the 11 am hour today, May 1. Glen Walker did call it the 11 am news.

One of the tweets say that its the KTLA Morning News at 11:00 a.m.

I would still call it the KTLA Midday News.

This is not the first time KTLA had a 11 AM newscast. They had one back in the mid to late 90s. The first anchor was Marta Waller and was an hour long newscast. It then got shortened to 30 minutes when Jennifer York anchored.

Glen Walker & Lu Parker were back on at 2:40 pm, interrupting Robert Irvine, as there is another police chase going on. Really need a 2 pm news in L.A. (KCAL was as well in their old news time simulcasting on KCBS. KTTV & KNBC, too were on this chase).

Glen Walker & Lu Parker were back on at 2:40 pm, interrupting Robert Irvine, as there is another police chase going on. Really need a 2 pm news in L.A. (KCAL was as well in their old news time. KTTV & KNBC, too).

If The CW doesn't replace Robert Irvine and finally kills The CW Daytime, then I think KTLA will add at 2:00 p.m. as well, creating a 1:00-4:00 p.m. block.

Guest Former Member 207
This is not the first time KTLA had a 11 AM newscast. They had one back in the mid to late 90s. The first anchor was Marta Waller and was an hour long newscast. It then got shortened to 30 minutes when Jennifer York anchored.

That was the after-result of them covering the O.J. Simpson murder trial, with everyday gavel-to-gavel coverage. Waller, or one of the Morning News anchors (besides York) filling-in, led the gavel-to-gavel coverage, which was virtually every weekday from 9am to about 4 or 5pm. Coincidentally, the trial began a week and half after KTLA took the WB affiliation, so programming the daytime schedule around that time was already a bit of a hassle, especially with a new network coming in and figuring out where to fit certain shows.

Glen Walker & Lu Parker were back on at 2:40 pm, interrupting Robert Irvine, as there is another police chase going on. Really need a 2 pm news in L.A. (KCAL was as well in their old news time simulcasting on KCBS. KTTV & KNBC, too were on this chase).

Sure go ahead with a 2pm newscast...

The leftest CA state goverment will just tax that also.

I got a push notification right at 11 am today that "Today we introduce the KTLA 5 News at 11, our new hourlong late-morning news show".

I guess they didn't consider Tuesday the debut since the first 1/2 hour was eaten up by a police chase.

Archived