WJZ on Temp Set

dabnis74

Jesus is coming! Hell is going to freeze over! Brian Williams is going back to Nightly News! <----- these are all things I thought we would see BEFORE WJZ got a new set. I assume it will be the CBS Stations Set. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

I'm thinking this is going to be a real temporary set.

Portions of their old set have been removed or walled off. Now the temporary set isn't using any sort of robotics (by my guess). I've seen many move the robotic cameras to temp set- it may not be able to travel put should be able to PTZ and rise.

Remember sweeps start the 26.

Jesus is coming! Hell is going to freeze over! Brian Williams is going back to Nightly News! <----- these are all things I thought we would see BEFORE WJZ got a new set. I assume it will be the CBS Stations Set. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Well stranger things have happened, but I thought WMAR would be on their next new set before WJZ could ever get a new one. Let just hope that WJZ doesn't hold this new set for the next 20 years. If you go on youtube it looks like WJZ's set during their ABC tenure didn't change alot either.

• 3 months later...
It looks like it’s official that WJZ is building a new set. Watched the live stream and the set looked different.

Any updates on this new set or is WJZ going to use this temp set for 20 years like the last one? It’s been at least 3 months! Or is it normal for new sets to take over 3 months?

Any updates on this new set or is WJZ going to use this temp set for 20 years like the last one? It’s been at least 3 months! Or is it normal for new sets to take over 3 months?

Not uncommon. They'll frequently circle a date on the calendar and count backwards to determine when they decide to begin. At this point, the new season is probably their target.

You also have to consider the work that needs to be done inside of the studio first before they can even begin putting up a new set, which WJZ likely had to do first. They've been on their previous set for so long, a lot of the infrastructure around it may not have even been up to code.

The work WTXF in Philadelphia had to do in their main studio between tear-down and rebuild comes to mind.

Doesn't matter how big or small the new set will be, new sets take time... And as many have pointed out... WJZ has had to "scrape" the old set and infrastructure away and begin a whole new setup... Sets nowadays need time.. They will be revealed when they are ready... WJZ is going to be an exception... I personally am not banking on the reveal any time soon... There's so much that had and has to be done... All I do know is this had better be worth the wait...

Here's a behind the scenes pic of the new set.

[ATTACH=full]6268[/ATTACH]

Y'all better be recording WJZ's new graphics, opens, music, etc. on August 9th. The 31-year reign of Chroma Cues and the stretched Helvetica is coming to an end.

'JZ better not botch it up.

Y'all better be recording WJZ's new graphics, opens, music, etc. on August 9th. The 31-year reign of Chroma Cues and the stretched Helvetica is coming to an end.

'JZ better not botch it up.

You’ll get about 30 YouTube videos of the same thing the same day. Don’t worry.

That will be a sad day... killing some truly unique graphics that are one of a kind in the television industry.

/s

• 2 weeks later...

Archived