WFAA moves back to Young Street studio...

MarkBRollins88_v2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new look went live on Channel 8.

pq40Nr9.png

So why do they feel the need to show off their green screen in all of its green, un-chyroned glory?

Very unprofessional; it's like the set designers and/or cameramen stopped caring.

So why do they feel the need to show off their green screen in all of its green, un-chyroned glory?

Very unprofessional; it's like the set designers and/or cameramen stopped caring.

It was like that on the previous set, too. They’ll sometimes show meteorologists walking to the green screen at the start of weather segments.

I, for one like those type of "Inside Baseball" shots whenever they are used, they tend to demystify the process......

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't an entirely new set, correct? It looks more like a refresh with the bones of the old set still in place.

Pretty much so, as they even made the main desk blend in with the reused parts of the previous set.

Well, here's the new Victory Park look, what you can see of it...

4:30am:

Noon:

10pm:

And now it's "WFAA News"? Wow, that's a big change. They're making the anchor announce the open in the 10pm newscast. The red breaking news all over the video wall is just too much IMO. It drowns out everything else there. I'm not sure why the green-screen section has to take up *so much* room. The right-pointing triangle in the new station logo is repeated in the wall motif to the right of the video wall. I can't tell if it's decoration, or if it serves some purpose.

I'm not sure what I think yet, but it's certainly different....

Archived