WWAY New Set

Ntropolis

Morris owns this station, so given that we should be applauding them for this. They definitely stepped out of their comfort zone for this (and opened up their checkbook)!!!

If only WXXV was next. Although they have bigger problems with their on-air signal. They can't multiplex 2 HD signals to save their life (while WLOX is able to pull it off like clockwork!)

More likely? Nexstar will pull the plug on WKBN's quasi-virtual set and give them something real.

If only WXXV was next. Although they have bigger problems with their on-air signal. They can't multiplex 2 HD signals to save their life (while WLOX is able to pull it off like clockwork!)

More likely? Nexstar will pull the plug on WKBN's quasi-virtual set and give them something real.

Let’s hope in both cases. Side note: Does WXXV at least uplink an HD signal to cable providers?

Let’s hope in both cases. Side note: Does WXXV at least uplink an HD signal to cable providers?

I would hope so. I live in the Mobile DMA in the "fringes" of their signal (and WLOX) so OTA is the only way I can tell. Their CW channel is even worse as it is broadcast in Widescreen SD.

Well I have some good news and bad news about WXXV....

The good news is....they got a new set!

The bad news is....it's still virtual...

[ATTACH=full]6007[/ATTACH]

Ugh. Can someone buy Morris? Cough... cough. Nexstar. Cough. Sorry, allergies. ;)

I should mention that the web stream of WXXV was a BETTER picture than their off-air one.

Now for the folks in Wilmington, how has WWAY looked on-air, especially after they added CBS to their .2? I see they have a CW on .3 that is widescreen SD. At least CBS is 1080i where WXXV dumps NBC on .2 to 720p.

WLOX carries both ABC and CBS in 720p and the PQ is MUCH better on both streams.

Ok...enough about the OTA signal, but it's a side effect of Morris, who most of us wish was on it's ninth life......

I should mention that the web stream of WXXV was a BETTER picture than their off-air one.

Now for the folks in Wilmington, how has WWAY looked on-air, especially after they added CBS to their .2? I see they have a CW on .3 that is widescreen SD. At least CBS is 1080i where WXXV dumps NBC on .2 to 720p.

WLOX carries both ABC and CBS in 720p and the PQ is MUCH better on both streams.

Ok...enough about the OTA signal, but it's a side effect of Morris, who most of us wish was on it's ninth life......

WTVQ has 7 subchannels. Two dual HD and five SD so the picture has seen better days.

And what say you to Nexstar implementing the CBS standard at WKBN? I thing it's a matter of time.

WTVQ has 7 subchannels. Two dual HD and five SD so the picture has seen better days.

T8CmbDY.gif

And what say you to Nexstar implementing the CBS standard at WKBN? I thing it's a matter of time.

I certainly hope so. Even they have successfully done a dual 720 stream with CBS and FOX in the past. And now that they're sharing WYTV's bandwidth, it will likely be ABC and CBS together.

CBS 3.2 looks terrible. ABC 3.1 looks ok. Of course, I'm watching over digital cable so it's compressed, but you can definitely tell the picture quality is poor compared to WECT.

Also, I drove by their old building on Front St. Tuesday night, and it appears they're completely out... logos removed from the building and all.

• 8 months later...

Apologies for the bump, but WXXV is now running THREE 720p streams! (FOX, NBC, and CW)

Believe it or not, it's actually an improvement.  NBC looks the worst since it's cross-converted from 1080i, and CW moving up to 720p looks way better than it did in 480 widescreen.

FOX is watchable and nice to have when WALA is being a pain to pick up (since they're VHF)....

But sadly, they are still on that crappy virtual set....

Archived