Collier Concepts "The One to Watch" - How were they made?

E. R.

This question has been in my mind for sometime now. You know Collier Concepts' "The One to Watch" spots?How were they able to make the images move like that? Was it some sort of rostrum sequence? How were they also able to make things in the pictures light up and sparkle?

The 1984 one certainly looks like it had assistance from the Quantel Paintbox.

Some of the 1983 effects look like

, but all of that could have also been done in the Paintbox. So it's difficult to tell.

This question has been in my mind for sometime now. You know Collier Concepts' "The One to Watch" spots?How were they able to make the images move like that? Was it some sort of rostrum sequence? How were they also able to make things in the pictures light up and sparkle?

Very VERY early CGI?

• 2 weeks later...
The 1984 one certainly looks like it had assistance from the Quantel Paintbox.

Some of the 1983 effects look like

, but all of that could have also been done in the Paintbox. So it's difficult to tell.

Can someone relay this to ‘JZ? I think we can get them some fancy promos with this.

Archived