KTVK new set

Samantha

KTVK has a temporary set in the same studio as its interview set...

[MEDIA=twitter]986030334000050176[/MEDIA]

I believe this set was debuted when they went HD? It was designed by Devlin.

[MEDIA=twitter]984088880478535680[/MEDIA]

Devlin did the refresh. I believe the original set was done by PDG/Jack Morton.

KTVK has a temporary set in the same studio as its interview set...

[MEDIA=twitter]986030334000050176[/MEDIA]

I believe this set was debuted when they went HD? It was designed by Devlin.

[MEDIA=twitter]984088880478535680[/MEDIA]

I would expect the graphics to be a slightly different version of KPHO's, since they brand themselves together

That would be a notable convergence. KPHO and KTVK have maintained mostly separate presentation even since moving in together. I could see some changes to that awkward 3 logo.

I expect a graphics and maybe logo refresh. It's been five years.

That would be a notable convergence. KPHO and KTVK have maintained mostly separate presentation even since moving in together. I could see some changes to that awkward 3 logo.

Maybe they'll ditch the yellow shape and go back to the classic circle 3.

Maybe they'll ditch the yellow shape and go back to the classic circle 3.

Or, a person could blow the minds of some over on the TEGNA Graphics thread and say that they're going with this logo:

latest?cb=20111209072938

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 5 News/3TV is testing the technology and lighting in the new studio. Lots and lots of monitors. Kind of dark, but will be interesting as it comes along:

Check out @spencerjblake’s Tweet: [MEDIA=twitter]991901038130049024[/MEDIA]

• 4 weeks later...

No logo changes, but the new set and graphics from the KPHO pack are in place. Propulsion is still the music theme on 3! The look uses some of those heavy frames that remind me of the Tegna stuff but are more in line with trends.

Here's a time lapse: http://www.azfamily.com/clip/14385052/time-lapse-construction-of-3tvs-new-set

Some other samples:

[MEDIA=twitter]1001820716700909568[/MEDIA]

No logo changes, but the new set and graphics from the KPHO pack are in place. Propulsion is still the music theme on 3! The look uses some of those heavy frames that remind me of the Tegna stuff but are more in line with trends.

Here's a time lapse: http://www.azfamily.com/clip/14385052/time-lapse-construction-of-3tvs-new-set

Some other samples:

Oh yeah, somebody who designed those graphics is a fan of Scripps and TEGNA. Mostly TEGNA.

I wonder what KPNX and KNXV think about their competitor's new look...

That’s an amazing looking studio.

Is Meredith a decent company to work for?

It depends on what station you work for. KMOV, KCTV, and KPTV are well run stations and get treated very well. WGCL, WNEM, and WHNS seem to be treated like red headed step children and face a revolving door of management with little to no investment from corporate.

Some other samples:

I actually think the new set is not that bad! I like it myself. Not the best one yet so far this year, but still pretty good.

Graphics look like the work of Hothaus. The similarities to other packs is probably another case of "I'll have what they're having" from management.

It's a recolored version of WFTV's pack, and that is a Hothaus product.

Archived