Sean Hannity anchors FOX News Special Report

ColDayNews

And FNC still won't see this as a conflict of interest

ABC still employs George Stephanopoulos after years of "conflict of interest" with the network.

You wish to explain the journalistic ethics you are citing as what a true journalistic "conflict" is???

I can't wait!

Two things just popped into my mind:

2) Do they really need labels? Is everybody so dumb that they can’t even think for themselves?

... Yes. That's is the fact. We are surrounded by incompetency and lack of critical thinking.

ABC still employs George Stephanopoulos after years of "conflict of interest" with the network.

You wish to explain the journalistic ethics you are citing as what a true journalistic "conflict" is???

I can't wait!

Hannity could potentially be part of the story. That’s the difference here. Stephanopoulos was formerly employed by the Clinton White House and gave to the Clinton foundation, and that’s the extent of the relationship.

Of course this would be no big deal to you. I forgot that you are not politically affiliated and are independent minded (but all your opinions just “coincidentally” happen to jive with Trump).

The reality is that Hannity owed it to his viewers to disclose he had also employed Cohen. That is all he had to say. By trying to keep his name out of it, brings a lot more suspicion now, and, rightful criticism of Fox News and Hannity's "journalistic" ethics. Clearly such a thing does not exist at Fox News. Stephanapouos never hid his past employment by the WH nor his donation to the Clinton Foundation, which despite what some people want to believe, is highly rated for doing what they say. Any comparison is a false comparison.

The reality is that Hannity owed it to his viewers to disclose he had also employed Cohen. That is all he had to say. By trying to keep his name out of it, brings a lot more suspicion now, and, rightful criticism of Fox News and Hannity's "journalistic" ethics. Clearly such a thing does not exist at Fox News. Stephanapouos never hid his past employment by the WH nor his donation to the Clinton Foundation, which despite what some people want to believe, is highly rated for doing what they say. Any comparison is a false comparison.

It’s not the crime, it’s the coverup...

ABC's Stephanopoulos under fire for failing to disclose donations

George Stephanopoulos apologizes on ‘Good Morning America’ for not disclosing Clinton Foundation donations

The reality is that Hannity owed it to his viewers to disclose he had also employed Cohen. That is all he had to say. By trying to keep his name out of it, brings a lot more suspicion now, and, rightful criticism of Fox News and Hannity's "journalistic" ethics.

I think he owed FNC a heads up more than anyone else. Now they're yet again in a position of having to navigate a sea of criticism hoping that this doesn't bring down their last remaining star. I get a sense one of those 'pre-planned vacations' could be announced any day if this story gets worse.

For FOX to run a simulcast of FNC isn't that big a deal to me. An air strike (in partnership with 2 of our allies) doesn't warrant bringing out the big guns to report it.

And what exactly is his problem?

His problem is not disclosing his ties to Cohen originally, begging that they stay under wraps via Cohens lawyers and then finally having them revealed under orders from a judge.

It’s just a tad bit unethical to do what he did especially the way he did it. The way he misrepresents himself regularly as a journalist should put him on the same plane as other journalists ethics wise.

Something more has to be to this story... he was awfully scared over some minor non-client advice...

As others have said, I do wonder why they didn't bring in Shepard Smith like they did with last year's strike and he helmed coverage on both Fox and on Fox News Channel. The thing that struck me as disappointing is how the straight Fox people were underutilized during Hannity's and Ingraham's hours as opposed to clowns like your Gorkas, your Sara Carters, etc. for what was a big news event. The utilization of Smith and his team, designed specifically for breaking news situations, seems inconsistent which is unfortunate.

That said, it does seem like for Level 2's, they have moved towards FNC simulcasts with some exceptions (Shepard Smith did one right at 4pm after that big stock market drop a few months ago, and he and his unit handled some of the Vegas shooting coverage in the early afternoon).

Archived