Network Royal Wedding Coverage:

Drew1001

Anderson Cooper, Alysin Camerota and Max Foster will lead CNN's coverage from 5 AM-Noon. HLN will simulcast the coverage. Got this info per the DirecTV OSG.

Doesn’t this go against CNN and HLN from airing the same thing mantra?

Anderson Cooper, Alysin Camerota and Max Foster will lead CNN's coverage from 5 AM-Noon. HLN will simulcast the coverage. Got this info per the DirecTV OSG.

I wonder if MSNBC will just simulcast NBC BROADCAST coverage

I wonder if MSNBC will just simulcast NBC BROADCAST coverage

Nothing’s showing up on my TiVo guide regarding MSNBC while ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN have information.

I’m not sure when NBC was planning on ending but WBAL is replacing the E/I programming that would air before noon with three hours billed 11 News Special Edition running from 10 AM - 1 PM. I guess they want to make up any lost advertising revenue from not having their typical morning period. Edit: WBAL could use the extended newscast and the wedding lead in (Today wins in Baltimore ratings wise) as a lead in to their Preakness preshow before NBC takes over coverage. WBAL puts on a network level quality event with local talent during the Preakness afternoon. They carry some of the earlier races but theirs is much more about the culture, infield events, the concerts, the corporate village, some of the celebrity interviews - even though it isn’t high profile there are a decent amount of A Listers and people like Tom Brady have shown up frequently. /end edit

I wonder if Fox is a Level 2 as it’s a simulcast because WBFF have their morning shows scheduled. Additionally I’m curious if they will use Sky reporters in addition to their own.

Of course this all could change.

However if MSNBC airs regular programming it could provide them access to an audience that would not normally tune into MSNBC. Think about it with the alphabet networks, the other two cable networks and BBC World News all carrying the wedding this would be a good time to bring out the best they have.

Nothing’s showing up on my TiVo guide regarding MSNBC while ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN have information.

I’m not sure when NBC was planning on ending but WBAL is replacing the E/I programming that would air before noon with three hours billed 11 News Special Edition running from 10 AM - 1 PM. I guess they want to make up any lost advertising revenue from not having their typical morning period.

I wonder if Fox is a Level 2 as it’s a simulcast because WBFF have their morning shows scheduled. Additionally I’m curious if they will use Sky reporters in addition to their own.

Of course this all could change.

However if MSNBC airs regular programming it could provide them access to an audience that would not normally tune into MSNBC. Think about it with the alphabet networks, the other two cable networks and BBC World News all carrying the wedding this would be a good time to bring out the best they have.

to answer your questions:

1. I read on APT that NBC is planning to be off by 10am, but that could slide later if there is any delay in the proceedings, WBAL's special newscast is probably for revenue purposes.

2.FOX's simulcast of FNC's royal wedding coverage is level 2 (which should not be a surprise to anyone). WBFF usually doesn't simulcast fox news anyway so their morning show should not be affected

CNN is dedicating most of it's Friday Night Primetime lineup to the Royal Wedding and Most of Saturday to the Wedding.

Friday Night (May 18th)

8:00PMM- Anderson Cooper- Live from Windsor

9:00PM- CNN Special Report Royal Wedding-Hosted by Alisyn Camerota

10:00PM- 12:00 AM- Count Down to the Royal Wedding- Don Lemon

Saturday Morning (May 19th-Wedding Day)

12:00AM-5:00 AM- Count Down to the Royal Wedding

5:00AM- 10:00 AM Royal Wedding Live (Arrival, Ceremony, and Carriage Ride)

10:00 AM- 3:00 PM Royal Wedding Coverage

Saturday Night

7:00 PM-10 PM Royal Wedding Replay

** All times are based of Eastern Standard Time

Fox News release:

FOX NEWS CHANNEL TO PRESENT LIVE SPECIAL COVERAGE OF THE ROYAL WEDDING ON SATURDAY, MAY 19TH

Shepard Smith and Sandra Smith to Co-Anchor Main Event

NEW YORK – May 8, 2018 — FOX News Channel (FNC) will present live, extensive coverage surrounding the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Saturday, May 19th.

Main coverage of the historic nuptials will be co-anchored by FNC’s chief news anchor Shepard Smith and co-anchor of America’s Newsroom Sandra Smith from outside St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle beginning at 6AM/ET. FOX & Friends’ Ainsley Earhardt will also take part, co-hosting FOX & Friends Weekend live from Windsor, England beginning at 5AM/ET and then joining coverage of the main event at 6AM/ET.

Contributing to coverage will be London-based senior foreign affairs correspondent Greg Palkot, London-based foreign affairs correspondent Benjamin Hall, Washington-based news correspondent Gillian Turner and Milan-based correspondent Amy Kellogg. The correspondents will be providing updates starting on Thursday at Windsor locations including, Castle Hill, the church lodge, rugby grounds and the Buckingham Place/Canada Gate. Special contributions will also be made by royal correspondent Louisa James, who was the first to report on-air that the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton had gone into labor with her first child; Harry Herbert, son of The Earl Carnarvon and close friend of Princess Diana; Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order and former Senior Communications officer for the Buckingham Palace, David Pogson.

Additional FNC coverage plans for the week of the royal wedding include:

• On Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th, Ainsley Earhardt will co-host Fox and Friends (6-9AM/ET) live from Windsor while Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade will provide coverage from New York.

• On Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th, Sandra Smith will co-anchor America’s Newsroom (9-11 AM/ET) live from Windsor while Bill Hemmer will provide coverage from New York. Shepard Smith will also anchor Shepard Smith Reporting (3-4PM/ET) on Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th from Windsor.

In addition, FoxNews.com will launch three special royal wedding pages where users can find all content related to the event, British Royals along with behind-the-scenes interviews, social media posts and photo galleries featuring all of the best snapshots from the celebration. Foxnews.com will also provide live updates throughout the ceremony as well as a live stream of the wedding.

FOX News Radio (FNR) will air a five-part series during the week leading up to the royal wedding, beginning on Monday, May 14, anchored by FNR’s London reporter Simon Owen. FNR will also provide complete wedding coverage on Saturday, May 19th hosted by Owen along with FNR reporter Tonya J. Powers which can be heard on www.FoxNewsRadio.com and Fox News Headlines 24/7 on SiriusXM Channel 115.

FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. The number one network in cable, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for 16 years and according to a Gallup/Knight Foundation Survey, is the most objective information source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

MSNBC ROYAL WEDDING:

Joy Reid, Katy Tur, and Stephanie Ruhle will lead coverage starting at 4:00 AM.

Reid will be live in 30 Rockefeller Center,

Tur, and Ruhle will be live in Windsor

Coverage will end at 10:00 AM

MSNBC ROYAL WEDDING:

Joy Reid, Katy Tur, and Stephanie Ruhle will lead coverage starting at 4:00 AM.

Reid will be live in 30 Rockefeller Center,

Tur, and Ruhle will be live in Windsor

Coverage will end at 10:00 AM

Can't let people miss their weekend dose of AM Joy.

Yeah! Everyone knows that domestic circuses trumps foreign circuses. ;)

Last time I checked domestic circuses brings more disastrous results than harmless foreign ones. You just can't look away, :eek: unlike this particular foreign one you can sleep thru + catchup if you want. :cool:

Are there any affiliates of any network(other than Fox) that won't be airing the Royal Wedding?

I know that NBC is offering optional coverage from 10-11am ET. Most affiliates will take it and get the E/I programs out of the way from 11am-2pm. WKYC, however will go 10am-1pm with E/I programs then 1-2pm with infomercials.

..... CNBC's Wilfred Frost attended school with Prince Harry. Wilfred will take part of NBC's coverage tomorrow as a royal expert.

I know a girl that went to school with Stormy Daniels...

She's a Fu%$ing Expert.

Archived