Non-News Classic Video

Jess

A small junction from Canal 13 on Monday, December 1st, 1997. Includes: the station ID, a goodnight message for children, a bumper, the intro for "El mundo del espectáculo" and a bumper from Artear Argentina, who produced the movie shown that night ("Despabílate Amor"; 1996; directed by Eliseo Subiela)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Intro of the program 360: Todo Para Ver from Canal 13 in May 1994. The program was a magazine that included the news of the day, but also had travel and entertainment features. The show aired on weekdays from 1pm to 3pm between 1992 and 1995 and it was pretty succesful. Two of its presenters were Julián Weich and Alejandro Wiebe (a.k.a. Marley), who continued their careers hosting game shows and entertainment programs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=YIdzxQ2R_2w;t=10

Edited by onthesea

The intro of TF1's Ciné Dimanche in March 1998; it's probably one of the earliest appearances of this intro on TV, replacing the one with the Earth, Wind and Fire song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=hC6l3wkzlD0;t=42

(the video includes some commercials too!)

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

A rarity: the intro of El Lado Oscuro, a 2-hour block of sci-fi series that Telefe aired on Saturdays at 10pm between 1997 and 1999, introduced by veteran broadcaster Pancho Ibañez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=NUplYZgPz_g;t=223

The X-Files, Millennium and Poltergeist: The Legacy were part of the block's lineup.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Canal 13 in Buenos Aires signing off after a movie on Wednesday, November 7, 2001. I love the stripes floating around the logo. The station resumed its broadcast the following day at 11:30am with The A-Team!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

A promo of USA Network's Latin American service in December 1997, that aired on Telefe. It was voiced by Rodolfo Barili.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=oZlKoTk0wp8;t=107

IIRC, Telefe distributed the channel to cable companies across the country. In those days, USA aired Entertainment Tonight, Hard Copy and Bloomberg Business News, but I don't know if Spanish subtitles appeared on screen.

• Like 1

Part 2 of CBS commercials from a Nov. 1987 CBS College Football broadcast between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Nebraska Cornhuskers: encompasses the entirety of The Prudential College Football Report (halftime show w/Jim Nantz and the late Ara Parseghian), but also includes a newsbrief from KWTV Channel 9 (CBS station of Oklahoma City), and other commercials

• Like 1

Canal 13's daytime magazine 360 Todo Para Ver covering the Argentinian tour of Luis Miguel in November 1993. The station was the official broadcaster of his concerts. At 4:02 you'll see the program's set with its host Maria Belen Aramburu and a huge spinning globe behind her. That was really expensive and fascinating at the same time!

The program offered an update before 1pm, summarizing the show's topics. This one is from September 1993. Maria Belen Aramburu presents this update from the rooftop's living room. In 2000, that place became Canal 13's "glass" studio, where the morning, midday and late night news are produced. I like the shots showing the highways: the view from up there is excellent.

And finally... the full theme used between 1993 and 1994, composed by Eddie Sierra:

Edited by onthesea

In May 1993, Canal 13 launched an impressive campaign, promising that you'll be able to see 3D television. The station aired some shorts of landscapes and animals during 360 and Telenoche, two of its most important programs. More than 2 million glasses were sold: it costed $1. It was considered a failure, but it's something that those to have the chance to see it still remember to this day.qCTUXKO.jpg

DU1DT8uW0AE2Cpk.jpg

Some promos of the campaign:

Here's an example of the footage that you could see on "3D".

Edited by onthesea
  • Like 1

A montage of ITV's intros of the Formula One broadcasts between 1997 (when they took the rights away from the BBC) until 2008 (when the BBC regained the rights)

Edited by onthesea
Spoiler replaced by video
  • Like 1

Canal 13's two-minute promo about its schedule in March 1994:

The station happily announced the premiere of several movies, Melrose Place, the telecast of the Academy Awards and the return of Fútbol de Primera, El Show del Clio and the Sunday morning auto racing broadcasts. This was one month before the station adopted its current logo, designed by C&G Partners.

I usually don't post these things, but the other day I was watching this episode of the four-part TV series Video Fantasies, produced by Channel 4 in the UK in 1992. This one introduces a pretty young Kate Beckinsale as a teenager living in a complicated world, dominated by chaos, technology, pollution and consumerism. Some of the interesting things about the show are the computer-generated effects and the sound bumpers heard throughout the program, reminding me of those used by Channel 4 itself and some ITV franchises (the first one appears at 0:51) I was surprised to see a huge VTR machine, while the girl is destroying some nonsense tapes!

Edited by onthesea
  • Like 1

Somebody finally uploaded this.

A WGN Illinois Lottery drawing from 2001, the beginning of the “Players Have More Fun” era, with Dean Richards at the helm. That “la-la-la” jingle brings back memories.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

If you're an NBA fan, you're going to like this: a full broadcast of Canal 13's show La Magia de la NBA, that every week summarized the best of the NBA, including interviews and special reports. It aired on Sundays at midnight between 1994 and 2000, right after Fútbol de Primera. In this November 1997 episode, the program pays tribute to Charles Barkley and Isiah Thomas.

Edited by onthesea

Here’s the old intro and outro to TBN’s Praise The Lord. Growing up, seeing my mom watch this, I had no idea these graphics go all the way back to 1992! They sure looked good for that year and aged well into the late 2000s.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 3

The pilot episode of the short lived CBS series TIme Express, starring Vincent Price, and aired on April 26, 1979. What makes this worth posting is that this was taped off KDFW, and has ID's voiced by Charlie Van Dyke in what may be his very first TV announcer job: 

22 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

The pilot episode of the short lived CBS series TIme Express, starring Vincent Price, and aired on April 26, 1979. What makes this worth posting is that this was taped off KDFW, and has ID's voiced by Charlie Van Dyke in what may be his very first TV announcer job: 

His voice sounds so DEEP! And just look at him now... It’s a sad thing, but voice decay happens when ya get older.

Also next for compilations is Chattanooga. I plan on wrapping them up by Dec. break. It’s time for me (The ID Junkie) to move on to a new hobby. But don’t worry, I’m still a TV news geek.

Speaking of KDFW, a Clarice Tinsley 40 year tribute! Includes a snippet of her at WITI, complete with an open from that period! (5:43)

Edited by Info Junkie
  • Like 1