Non-News Classic Video

Jess

An odd 10 second TV station ID from KBSI-TV, Ch. 23 (Fox), Cape Gireadeau, MO, ca. 1990.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmXxWFJ5Nk

The guy running the channel that the above clip is on (That Random Oshawott) has been uploading a bunch of extremely rare stuff from the Cape Gireadeau, MO\Carbondale, IL\Paducah, KY TV market (WSIL-TV, WPSD-TV, KFVS-TV & KBSI-TV.) from the early-mid 80's-90's & later recently.
EDIT: For some reason, I can't get the video to embed.
Edited by Route66Fan
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, iron_lion said:

In time for the holidays, Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey on Oprah (1998)

RE OPRAH...I would download it soon, 90% chance a strike is a'comin from Harpo.

Anyways, I was able to find the first 2-3 minutes of a WGN Bozo Show from 1994 recently. It's just the opening greeting and the start of a skit...no 'grand prize game', no bucket #6. Not easy to find these! It would have been just months before WGN pulled the plug on morning cartoons and moved Bozo to Sundays.

https://archive.org/details/capture-a-4676 

Edited by VHSgoodiesWA
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, VHSgoodiesWA said:

RE OPRAH...I would download it soon, 90% chance a strike is a'comin from Harpo.

Anyways, I was able to find the first 2-3 minutes of a WGN Bozo Show from 1994 recently. It's just the opening greeting and the start of a skit...no 'grand prize game', no bucket #6. Not easy to find these! It would have been just months before WGN pulled the plug on morning cartoons and moved Bozo to Sundays.

https://archive.org/details/capture-a-4676 

Cool. Does Harpo often strike the content you upload from OWN? And also, I wonder if you may have the copy from Oprah's show 25th of April, 1988. Season 3, Episode 5 laying around?
Take care.

Not a classic video, in the normal sense, but here's an interesting look at the women of NBC late night, from the 1970's to the turn of the century. From singers to authors, comedians to newswomen, like the legends, Kelly Lange and Linda Ellerbee.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, john lula said:

Cool. Does Harpo often strike the content you upload from OWN? And also, I wonder if you may have the copy from Oprah's show 25th of April, 1988. Season 3, Episode 5 laying around?
Take care.

Harpo is protective of their properties at least on YouTube. And for Dr. Phil's show, even on Internet Archive. Not that Dr. Phil is that interesting anyways. And no, I don't have that episode around on VHS.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2020; WVEC's YouTube account uploaded a clip from 1993 looking back at their "Bungles the Clown" children's show as a tribute following the death of Bungles' actor, Jerry Sandford; in which among those featured included a brief remark from Bob Saget (who had spent a good-sized amount of his childhood in Norfolk) on the set of "Full House"; with Saget demonstrating the "Bungles" wave.

Figured since I didn't see it here when I did a search, in light of Bob having just passed away himself I figured this would be fitting to put here.

RARE stuff from Ha! TV Comedy Network, taped around May of 1990...no commercials, just bumpers and promos. This was MTV's short-lived comedy network which combined with HBO's Comedy Channel to create Comedy Central. This was long before South Park, Jon Stewart, and Roast specials. I was very pleased to find this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1989 CBS College Football broadcast between Notre Dame and Miami, with (for the first time since the original broadcasts) a full-run segment (first couple of seconds missing, however) of The Prudential College Football Report as it was in the 1989 season w/Greg Gumbel and Mike Francesa (this would be Greg's only season as studio man on CBS College Football; Andrea Joyce would take over next season when CBS' Studio 43 was remodeled, and the studio coverage in 1990 became College Football Today). The studio coverage starts at the 1:20:26 mark, with a short preview just a minute or two before that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some commercial breaks from KDEB-TV (Now KOZL-TV.), Ch.27 in Springfield, MO, from the last few weeks of their ABC afilation. They switched to Fox\independent in October 1986, changed callsigns to KSFX in 2005, dropped Fox, switched to being independent & changed callsigns to KOZL-TV, in 2011 & picked up MyNetworkTV in 2014.

• 2 weeks later...