Non-News Classic Video

Jess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

KIMA Yakima signs off early on August 29th, 1991 with a weather bulletin read by long-time meteorologist Stu Seibel and a sign-off, which includes a strange man (master control operator?) whispering 'good night' twice in the black screen...

Bad quality as it was tracked wrong on the original VCR, but here's a 1992 signoff from KREM Spokane (which also includes a news update with Charles Rowe).More goodies coming as I go through tapes...

CBS promo/jingle compilation, 1973-2000 (first 1979 promo includes another title from the Bob Schieffer side of Morning [namely Monday Morning]; we've seen Tuesday Morning, Wednesday Morning, and Thursday Morning; Friday Morning is the only one left to find)

cbsmondaymorning1979.jpg

• Like 1

I've got the whole CBSpirit campaign video on tape. CBS had a few minutes to fill at the end of a broadcast of The Dark Crystal, in August of '87, and instead of 5 minutes of promos, that image song went into the break in between the movie and the news. That was the year Jake and the Fatman and Tour of Duty went on...and the year that Tom Selleck departed Magnum P.I. The remake is nothing like the old series.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today marks the 70th anniversary of the debut of CBS' Eye logo -- one of the greatest, most influential and enduring representations of television ever made.

Here's a Sunday Morning segment from 2001 for it's 50th anniversary revealing its origins:

And here's a history of IDs and jingles:

Intro and segment of the premiere edition of the French program Exclusif, aired by TF1 on 18 May 1998. The show was the local version of Entertainment Tonight, using the same graphics and music as ET: they also had a similar set as well. Exclusif aired for the last time on 30 May 2002.

Here's some promos from The Disney Channel at the end of their pay-TV days. I *love* that Magical World of Disney montage they used in the waning days before the Zoog package. Stunning graphics and great jingle. Some years later, they went to junky "sitcoms" and shoving Raven-Symone up our butts. Ugh, what they have done to this magical network.

OT: In my mailbox this afternoon should be a dozen Betamax tapes from Great Falls, Montana that I just purchased on Saturday via eBay (quick USPS shipping!) They are all L-250s, the 500s and 750s got away from me (and the 500s had vintage MTV on at least one tape). The 250s are smaller tapes at the 1 hour or 1 1/2 hour speed depending on Beta-II or Beta-III, so I might still find some good stuff. Tapes are vintage early '80s Sears and TDK Super Avilyn stock which literally sings to me. I am hoping it's local recordings from Montana, but with the nature of Californians migrating to ID/MT, it could be from that state too...

• Like 2

Rare NBC Proud as a Peacock station ID from '81 for WSM Channel 4 in Nashville, TN, before that Music City NBC station became WSMV on Nov. 3 of that year (has WSM name and city of license [Nashville] in NBC's Serif Gothic font of the time)

Also, a rare CBS Sports opening ID for a CBS Sports Special from 1995 (CBS Sports Special title still used "CBS" in the Eyemark as late as 1995)

58 minutes ago, WAVY 10 Fan said:

And just barely over a week before the fire at WTVD that gutted their recently-introduced news set.

By October, the blue chroma key wall seen in the promo had been salvaged from the remains and transplanted over to the temporary conference room set while repairs were made on the burnt section of the building and a new set was being built:

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 7:18 PM, hmaxhanson said:

By October, the blue chroma key wall seen in the promo had been salvaged from the remains and transplanted over to the temporary conference room set while repairs were made on the burnt section of the building and a new set was being built:

Interesting. I had watched that clip assuming that WTVD had rebuilt the set by then as opposed to still using the conferences room as their temporary set.

• 2 weeks later...