Non-News Classic Video

Jess

10 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Promos & a Feature Presnetation intro from BET Movies (now Starz in Black) from 2000:

Should be noted BET had to leave this after Viacom bought them out since they were then co-owned with Showtime (resulting in BET Movies: Starz! 3 becoming Black Starz and eventually Starz inBlack).

But here's something BET didn't sell to Viacom: their own PPV service, previously the independent Action PPV (BET took it over sometime in the late 90s):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

Yeah, I think this should be in the main "Classic Video" thread, since it is a clip of a partial newscast.

Oops, I clicked right on the recent post in the “Classic Video” correct when I opened up TVNT, without looking at what thread it was posted in. Will move this to the correct thread.

• Like 2

I am going to share something you need to see; it's a video of the CBS NBA wraparounds that aired as part of game four of the 1990 NBA Eastern Finals. In the video, it features legendary CBS Sports announcer Don Robertson doing a piece called "As The Playoff World Turns." You'll love this one and it can be seen at 1:06 into the video.

• Like 5

Because CBS has the Super Bowl this weekend, here's a CBS Sports Desk update from 2003 with Tim Brando and a Honda Sports Desk with Jim Nantz from 1999 (the latter of which usually ran during 60 Minutes, and still does today, under the name CBS Sports HQ).

And a bonus Honda Sports Desk featuring Gus Johnson in rare form:

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

I am going to share something you need to see; it's a video of the CBS NBA wraparounds that aired as part of game four of the 1990 NBA Eastern Finals. In the video, it features legendary CBS Sports announcer Don Robertson doing a piece called "As The Playoff World Turns." You'll love this one and it can be seen at 1:06 into the video.

I have the 2nd half of this game on vhs but not the wraparounds which I have already downloaded

An excerpt of Seven's coverage of the 1994 AFL Grand Final between the West Coast Eagles and Geelong. Includes a short appearance of Home Improvement's Richard Karn, doing a minor repair. Seven aired the program for many years in Australia, and aired one episode that night (October 1st, 1994) at 6:30pm, right after the news.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:02 PM, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

Been almost 30 years since I saw that for the first time!

An ident from ESPN (South American feed) in April 2000. At the very end includes a small excerpt of a bumper from MTV.

Continuing with ESPN, some promos from May 2001, including one from SportsCenter, which was launched a couple of months before, on November 15, 2000. All of the sportscasters there are still working at ESPN!

Let's go back on time to November 1996! Canal 13 offers a pretty interesting primetime lineup on November 11: a documentary about otters, followed by the television premiere of the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". Unfortunately the station removed primetime documentaries and movie offerings many years ago to make way for Marcelo Tinelli's Showmatch.

And finally, a nicely done stop-motion ID from Telefe, used during the spring season in 1996:

Edited by onthesea

We are going way back to 1972 and a look at television in Southern California thanks to Obsolete Video Services. Take note at 31:33 when we feature a short, but rare clip of KCST-TV 39, in its independent days, before its became an ABC station (currently NBC). The clip is in the form of a promo for a short-lived syndicated show called "The Mancini Generation" and the slogan "Join 39tv" is in the form of a campaign button.

• Like 2