Non-News Classic Video

Jess

Part of the graphic package used by Canal 13 in 2001. Includes a transition between programs, where the colorful fire is replaced by a lava-lamp liquid, followed by the presentation of a soap.

It was recorded right after Telenoche on 9/11. There's plenty of coverage from Argentinian cable channels in this video too.

Edited by onthesea

CBS Sports intro and excerpt of US Open tennis coverage on September 10, 1995,  the day of the big switch in Philadelphia. This excerpt is from KYW, one of the two stations involved in the switch.

Edited by onthesea

Telefe's station ID from the mid-1990s and the intro of the Australian show "It's a Knockout!" (from Network Ten) that the station aired under the name Supermatch for many years. It was a terrific show!

Edited by onthesea

January 4th, 1999: the day when Canal 9 became Azul Televisión. This is the campaign used to launch the new brand.

It was voiced by Luis Albornoz, one of the best announcers in South America.

Edited by onthesea

Now, for the first time in 2.5 decades (it's been that long since I saw it way back when in 1993), the opening of a syndie movie package called Columbia Night at the Movies (being as I hadn't seen it since I was 12 [that's when I saw it for the first time], my illusions about its nature were shattered, and remarkably so):

• Like 2

A portion of the 1998 FIFA World Cup opening ceremony taped from Canal 13, narrated by Gonzalo Bonadeo (June 9, 1998). Includes two promos of the station's coverage of the Cup (see 13:09 and 39:28), calling themselves as "the professionals", and a brief news preview, voiced by the late Débora Pérez Volpin (see 59:27)

Edited by onthesea

The intro of ABC's legendary music video show Rage in 1995.
https://archive.org/details/ABC_TV_-_RAGE_intro_ABQ-2_1995
I've always found strange that a program like this aired on the ABC and not in a commercial network like Nine, Seven or Ten, despite Ten had Video Hits and Nightshift.

Edited by onthesea

3 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

@NESTLEH TheOpensGuy beat you to the punch again:

To accommodate this I might update WCVB.

EDIT: I should’ve put this in the Classic Vid Thread.

I think you need to update all the Boston videos. T.L. Hughes has them from 4 years ago and, of course, updates have been delivered to each since then.

• Like 1

A 12-minute preview of what was going to be the cable channel Volver, launched by Artear on August 1st, 1994. The channel airs old Argentine TV shows and movies, similar to Decades and MeTV in the US. The music themes for the promos and IDs were composed by Eddie Sierra.

Edited by onthesea

A short commercial block and a station ID from Imparja Television, a small regional network serving remote areas of Australia. This junction is from the late 1980s, when Imparja cherry-picked programs from Seven, Nine and Ten, before becoming an exclusive Nine affiliate in 2008.

Edited by onthesea