Telemundo Center Opening

rkolsen

Al Rojo Vivo (Red Hot) moved to Telemundo Center today. Started off with Maria Celeste welcoming a singer at the front door and they were walking through the atrium to the studio. Well I was expecting something new but the studio appears to be an exact copy of the one they left in Hialeah.

My Spanish is rusty. But I caught 22 miles of cable and 7 studio for football (makes sense given the World Cup).

Edit: The set they had in Hialeah debuted in 2017. The main area had LED tiles while the sides were green screened and appeared to use the Star Tracker motion tracking AR technology if part of the green screen appeared on screen. I don’t think they would decommission the set take it apart move it 20 minutes north and reconstruct the set in a long holiday weekend.

I'm willing to help with your Spanish. Lol.

[quote name='NCFLMedia']I'm willing to help with your Spanish. Lol.[/QUOTE] Here’s the opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiMlrNv1KE @NCFLMedia Got any other stats. Aside from finding a way into the studio.

[quote name='rkolsen']Here’s the opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiMlrNv1KE @NCFLMedia Got any other stats. Aside from finding a way into the studio.[/QUOTE] Half Dominican/Half Puerto Rican here and proud to have a second language in which I can teach others of.

Half Dominican/Half Puerto Rican here and proud to have a second language in which I can teach others of.

Okay. Was there anything of interest.

For the record this was the set launch in Telemundo Studios. Look at how odd the gallery was set up.

Sounds like the new studio will be one in the round.

[MEDIA=twitter]1002628931399421952[/MEDIA]

Here’s how Jose’s show ended

[MEDIA=twitter]1003106493648916480[/MEDIA]

The real final show with Julio Vaquiero ended with all the lights in the studio going dark, the newsroom and the wall map. The staff were all at the midheight wall behind him waving goodbye.

[MEDIA=twitter]1003400923333496832[/MEDIA]

Looking at where this is located, this is right next to Dolphin Mall in Doral/Sweetwater area. Looks impressive, and also kind of impressive that Doral is now pretty much the capital of both Univision and Telemundo. I wonder if Telemundo 51 will move back into Miami Dade county or stay with NBC6 in Miramar?

Looking at where this is located, this is right next to Dolphin Mall in Doral/Sweetwater area. Looks impressive, and also kind of impressive that Doral is now pretty much the capital of both Univision and Telemundo. I wonder if Telemundo 51 will move back into Miami Dade county or stay with NBC6 in Miramar?

From what I have heard there are no plans to move WSCV or even other NBCUniversal businesses into Telemundo Center. WTVJ/WSCV looks like its pretty centrally located to cover both Miami (17 miles from their studios) and Ft. Lauderdale (13 miles). I'm sure it will be a disaster recovery site for both stations. If I recall correctly Telemundo Center is designed to with stand hurricanes and is outside of the evacuation zones A-E. Hialeah studios were evacuated for Hurricane Irma and the news division was decamped to Washington.

I asked one person who works there about the NBC Bureau and they said they plan to stay where they are.

Here's the final segment.

Yep. Doral is home to both Telemundo and Univision now. I've seen the old Telemundo Studios in Hialeah multiple times as well as Univision/WLTV/Fusion TV's current headquarters. South Florida is really the hotbed for Spanish television in this country.

Oh and by the way, the national headquarters for Mega TV is also not too far away from Doral.

Yep. Doral is home to both Telemundo and Univision now. I've seen the old Telemundo Studios in Hialeah multiple times as well as Univision/WLTV/Fusion TV's current headquarters. South Florida is really the hotbed for Spanish television in this country.

Oh and by the way, the national headquarters for Mega TV is also not too far away from Doral.

Yea I think that might be in Hialeah proper just on the east side of the Palmetto. Used to pass by that complex on my way to work. Also drove every day by the Univision Complex..where IIRC the complex was just a bunch of empty warehouses and Univision bought them out behind the strip mall with the Walgreens and the old Blockbuster (That got turned into a Drs office). I also know that Bein Sports HQ for US is there somewhere in the Miami area.

Yea I think that might be in Hialeah proper just on the east side of the Palmetto. Used to pass by that complex on my way to work. Also drove every day by the Univision Complex..where IIRC the complex was just a bunch of empty warehouses and Univision bought them out behind the strip mall with the Walgreens and the old Blockbuster (That got turned into a Drs office). I also know that Bein Sports HQ for US is there somewhere in the Miami area.

Oh yes! That too. I've seen BeIN Sports USA's HQ also not too far away from the proximity of Mega TV's national HQ.

From what I have heard there are no plans to move WSCV or even other NBCUniversal businesses into Telemundo Center. WTVJ/WSCV looks like its pretty centrally located to cover both Miami (17 miles from their studios) and Ft. Lauderdale (13 miles). I'm sure it will be a disaster recovery site for both stations. If I recall correctly Telemundo Center is designed to with stand hurricanes and is outside of the evacuation zones A-E. Hialeah studios were evacuated for Hurricane Irma and the news division was decamped to Washington.

I asked one person who works there about the NBC Bureau and they said they plan to stay where they are.

Eargasm Alert: ICYMI: If you listen at 1:21, there's a fuller, clean-ish cut of Telemundo's ID theme from 1986.

Was there any newscasts from CBS Telenoticias, it was a great chance until they welcome in 2000. But gracias están los equipos en mi canal de Telemundo.

I guess the question is, what is NBC going to do with that valuable parcels of land off of W 8th Ave (for the rest of Miami Dade county NW 62nd Ave). Considering that property and the neighborhood out there is already coded as commercial..I just think they could get a pretty penny unless they are also going to use it for sound stages?

Some various clips.

Here’s the newsupdate during Un Nuevo Dia - the newsanchor now has a desk on set before they’d come from the regular news studio.

An airchicheck montage of Telemundo Mediodia. They are no longer using the ARJ for new but the proper new studio. They are using the second level balcony.

A aircheck montage of the new graphics and studio - include the audio meter that plagued all of the eastern half stations. I didn’t realize that the image appeared zoomed in the beginning as well. Also a slate for the first second.

A clean version of the first newscast.

Now unless something has changed Telemundo’s playout was colocated last I heard at 30 Rock. If that’s the case. I can understand the audio meter glitch taking so long to fix. I don’t imagine they have the ability to view all the master grid sources/output at Telemundo Center like they would at 30 Rock. If it’s still at 30 Rock they probably send them a backup and reserve feed.

Wow. Very impressed all the way around. I know they got the designer/CSD from Antena 3 in Spain to design the set, but Telemundo took a lot of cues from Antena 3 Noticias and applied them stateside. Everything from the set, music, down to the formatting of the newscast looks to be heavily inspired by Antena 3.

I'm sorry but it must be said: That Noticias Telemundo new image promo was produced....unintentionally sexy. I mean the shots, the motions, the lights, the angles felt like a telenovela feature coming up than promoting a news roster. I mean, it made Jose Diaz Balart like... big man on campus. And dare i say Julio Vaqueiro's shot....had me question my manhood for a few seconds, are you sure he's in the right department? But i digress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=F0Bd2-OLTcw;m=4;s=49

When did Vaqueiro join the mothership? He was last anchoring at KVEA 52, the LA Telemundo affil. I always knew he had “it,” but he went to Miami under my nose and I live in Southern California and I speak spanish. Lowkey had a bromance with him

I'm sorry but it must be said: That Noticias Telemundo new image promo was produced....unintentionally sexy. I mean the shots, the motions, the lights, the angles felt like a telenovela feature coming up than promoting a news roster. I mean, it made Jose Diaz Balart like... big man on campus. And dare i say Julio Vaqueiro's shot....had me question my manhood for a few seconds, are you sure he's in the right department? But i digress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=F0Bd2-OLTcw;m=4;s=49

Who do you think the intended "demo" for this spot is???

I think they hit the target.

When did Vaqueiro join the mothership? He was last anchoring at KVEA 52, the LA Telemundo affil. I always knew he had “it,” but he went to Miami under my nose and I live in Southern California and I speak spanish. Lowkey had a bromance with him

I want to say last September - when Luis Carlos Velez left. The Christmas before that (2016) they actually had him and a woman coanchor the news for a week or more from the Brokaw News Center. I imagine Jose may have picked him after him being on JDB’s MSNBC show so many times.

https://twitter.com/juliovaqueiro/status/813886900431941632

Wasn’t Julio the AM anchor then bumped up to evenings.

• 3 months later...

With the Telemundo Center opening they updated their Mexico City Bureau to match the style.

SLd2xh0.jpg

Looks like there’s pull down branding:

33559726_730649647325053_7275179273730654208_n.jpg

Here’s what it looked like before:

11326594_396064000578977_1641936673_n.jpg?dl=1

Image from KNBCs John Cadiz-Klemack

37202930_258231934994397_8104331669525233664_n.jpg

31905562_408789902928259_5647636283455963136_n.jpg

Archived