Sinclair and Tribune Part 2: The Redux

Weeters

I meant to say...

Try tossing around the word "Collusion" in a real legal setting and a judge would laugh his ass off.

"Counselor....you have been watching way too much fake news...get the hell out of my courtroom and turn in your state bar card."

"I move for a bad court thingy."

"You mean a mistrial?"

"Yeah!"

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='TSSZNews'] I suppose technically you're right in the sense that the word "collusion" is not coded into law outright, but any antitrust attorney worth his billing rate can put two and two together on this.[/QUOTE] @TSSZNews I don't mean to be a dick about this because it's not my intention to call anyone out on this. We have a real smart group of people here, and the misuse of the term [I]Collusion[/I] in the legal discussions was just driving some of us ( really just me) crazy. Thank you for your understanding about that wild hair that crawled up my butt. Here is a pic of my 2 weenies... [attachment=4443:name]

[QUOTE="Eat News, post: 214865, member: 2985"]@TSSZNews I don't mean to be a dick about this because it's not my intention to call anyone out on this. We have a real smart group of people here, and the misuse of the term [I]Collusion[/I] in the legal discussions was just driving some of us ( really just me) crazy. Thank you for your understanding about that wild hair that crawled up my butt. Here is a pic of my 2 weenies... [ATTACH=full]6252[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] Great use of the Beenie Man song in your signature, by the way Eat!

No.

Collusion is not a crime.

You can use that word all you want...but there is no USC section about Collusion.

Nothing...

Nada...

Cite a section... cite a charge?

Ask any attorney...there is NO crime called collusion.

Criminal Conspiracy is a real charge. But nobody has even been accused or charged with that.

Or just ask anyone at CNN....Or MSNBC to cite a USC section.

They can't,

"Collusion" is just a sinister word with NO legal meaning.

I meant to say...

Try tossing around the word "Collusion" in a real legal setting and a judge would laugh his ass off.

"Counselor....you have been watching way too much fake news...get the hell out of my courtroom and turn in your state bar card."

[MEDIA=twitter]1023653191974625280[/MEDIA]

Our President seems to think it’s a crime.

It'll depend upon what happens with this ad collusion investigation that'll determine what happens with Tribune, it could either be someone like a Hearst to Warren Buffett to Soo Kim who could buy Tribune or it'll have no choice but to go piecemeal

Why did Scott Jones put a paywall on his site anyway? Losing money?

Not to get off topic, but just to answer your question. I don't think he was "losing" money so much as he wasn't making any money. Lots of people do Patreons now so fans of their work can support them and they can keep dedicating the time to whatever project it is they're doing.

Not to get off topic, but just to answer your question. I don't think he was "losing" money so much as he wasn't making any money. Lots of people do Patreons now so fans of their work can support them and they can keep dedicating the time to whatever project it is they're doing.

I myself have been supporting multiple podcasters since January 2014.

Tribune has renewed the Fox affiliations of eight stations; interestingly, all were rumored or outright set to be divested to FTS.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/tribune-fox-renew-affiliations-of-eight-local-tv-stations-1202440670/

Note, though, it doesn't cover some of the stations that FTS had purchased on the pretense of the Sinclair-Tribune merger being approved and finalized (such as KTXL and KSWB) as well as some that weren't even involved in said transaction and were intended to be Sinclair bait (WDAF, KTVI and WGHP).

Note, though, it doesn't cover some of the stations that FTS had purchased on the pretense of the Sinclair-Tribune merger being approved and finalized (such as KTXL and KSWB) as well as some that weren't even involved in said transaction and were intended to be Sinclair bait (WDAF, KTVI and WGHP).

Those stations were renewed back in 2016. (The Fox affiliate stations) Would they be up for renewal so soon?

Those stations were renewed back in 2016. (The Fox affiliate stations) Would they be up for renewal so soon?

IIRC, the ex-O&Os still were under the ten-year deal with Fox dating back to the LocalTV days. Since the Sinclair is likely dead, Tribune decided to re-jigger the contract to be favorable for both Fox and Tribune.

It does cover WDAF/KTVI/WGHP, unless that is what you meant to post.

But after 13 weeks when you want to cancel "NewsChannel"...it won't go away...

...and it grows into it's own monster...destroying national resources...consuming valuable electrons...ruining lives and tearing poor defenseless little children from the arms of their screaming mothers.......

Oh wait...

never mind.

It turns into a soap called Edge.

It does cover WDAF/KTVI/WGHP, unless that is what you meant to post.

Oh. I should have wrote, "but does cover some that weren't even involved in said transaction and were intended to be Sinclair bait (WDAF, KTVI and WGHP)."

Archived