KABC 7 10:30pm newscast in 1974/75 ???

Eat News

While skimming through the latest Rick Thomas offerings I keep coming across references to a 10:30pm EWN newscast in 1974 and 1975. Mostly these are teases with Dick Carlson , however there is nothing indicating if this was a weekend show or weekdays.

It pops up quite a few times during the1974 and '75 tapes.

"At 10:30"...

"More at 10:30"...

That's all.

Nothing else like "Right after the movie"...

Or anything indicating anythnig "special" about that 10:30 show.

Any clues?

While skimming through the latest Rick Thomas offerings I keep coming across references to a 10:30pm EWN newscast in 1974 and 1975. Mostly these are teases with Dick Carlson , however there is nothing indicating if this was a weekend show or weekdays.

It pops up quite a few times during the1974 and '75 tapes.

"At 10:30"...

"More at 10:30"...

That's all.

Nothing else like "Right after the movie"...

Or anything indicating anythnig "special" about that 10:30 show.

Any clues?

IIRC, ABC finished its schedule at 10:30pm on Sunday nights, and some affiliates decided to air a newscast right after that. Others waited until 11.

I found a blog last year that was comprised of old TV Guide listings from the 50's to the early 90's, mostly from Chicago. In a lot of those posts, KABC sister WLS's Sunday night news was frequently listed at 9:30 central throughout the mid-70's. Not sure if that answers your question, but I'm certain that these KABC videos are referencing weekend newscasts.

http://tvguidegal.blogspot.com/?m=1

[quote name='onthesea']IIRC, ABC finished its schedule at 10:30pm on Sunday nights, and some affiliates decided to air a newscast right after that. Others waited until 11.[/QUOTE] Thanks @onthesea and @24994J Ok that makes sense.. Folo-up question: Did they start primetime 1/2 hour earlier on Sundays? Or did it float depending on the program / movie length? Did they hit earlier?

[QUOTE="Eat News, post: 204154, member: 2985"]Thanks @onthesea and @24994J Ok that makes sense.. Folo-up question: Did they start primetime 1/2 hour earlier on Sundays? Or did it float depending on the program / movie length? Did they hit earlier?[/QUOTE] This posting from April of 1974 shows primetime starting at 6pm CT, as it does today. [URL]http://tvguidegal.blogspot.com/2016/06/wls-channel-7-tv-schedule-for-sunday.html[/URL]

Archived