Comcast making bid for Sky

broadcastfan9751

As it is considering a counterbid to buy 21st Century Fox, Comcast has made a £22 billion ($31 billion) bid to buy Sky. Fox, of course, has been trying to acquire Sky, but has had problems trying to get British regulators to approve the deal.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/27/media/comcast-sky-bid-fox/index.html

If Comcast gets control of sky I wonder what will happen to NBC's longstanding partnership with ITV. You also have to wonder if this changes anything with Euronews and what Disney will do in response to this news.

And what would happen to FNC's partnership with Sky?

If Comcast gets control of sky I wonder what will happen to NBC's longstanding partnership with ITV. You also have to wonder if this changes anything with Euronews and what Disney will do in response to this news.

Not sure what Disney does as CBS is with the BBC, NBC with ITN and worth noting Sky was with CBS and Fox.

I don’t see any changes with EuroNews. NBC has a small but decent stake in it.

Now if Comcast gets the majority stake in Sky and the Fox/Disney deal falls through I could see them both using Sky and NBC with ITV. But I imagine Comcast will want the rest of Sky and could get it.

Now over at TVForum people were questioning the culture and the horror stories about Comcast. I replied that NBCU (which I imagine Sky News and their channels will fall under) changed for the better with Comcast. How they are #1 in the demo, get good benefits, they invested in the network, affiliates and there hires and haven’t been major layoffs. I did say I heard the theme park employees haven’t gotten the best treatment (when Comcast took over NBCU employees got stocks but theme park employees didnt). I did say on the cable side the customer service employees are under stress and have upsell quotas but unfortunately that’s normal in call centers and that service can be iffy but that happens with every provider.

Correct me if I am wrong. I just remember some FTV stories prior to Comcast and post Comcast (how he’s rated them one of the best groups to work for).

Archived