John Bolaris - Scrapped or Demoted from CBS 2?

Vlad

Well, I know this has probably been discussed, before, but is he gone from WCBS? I see that this Lonnie Quinn guy seems to be the new 11PM meteorologist, what happened to Bolaris? Has he been demoted to just Weekends?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I think he's gotten the shaft to weekend evenings. If anything, Quinn should have been the weekend evening guy. Bolaris doesn't deserve that after being cheif for all these years.

It's not to say that weekend meteorologists are horrible because John Marshall and Heidi Jones certainly aren't, but after where John was for so many years, this is of course a slap in the face. But that is what CBS2 has turned into nowadays.

Rumor has it John will come back down here after his contract expires in the fall.

At least the people of WCAUTV can give some respect to John. The idiots at CBS 2 want Sam look-a-like to contradict the weather forecast.

Not to hijack the thread (I actually like Bolaris), but speaking of weekend mets, has cioffi been on over at nbc, or are they giving priority to the always hideous mosey?

I think he is just a fill-in. He was in a few weeks ago for John Marshall.

Yeah sucks how they put some lousy inexperienced weather man in place of John, I hope he leaves that station for good. Would be pretty nice to see him at Philadelphia again, that if they want to accept him after making that huge weather mistake, but doesn't everyone in the weather department make mistakes? The Philadelphians should accept that.

-Vlad

Yeah sucks how they put some lousy inexperienced weather man in place of John, I hope he leaves that station for good. Would be pretty nice to see him at Philadelphia again, that if they want to accept him after making that huge weather mistake, but doesn't everyone in the weather department make mistakes? The Philadelphians should accept that.

-Vlad

Oh we'd accept him! Despite what happened, he was/is still popular. Ratings didn't really drop for 'CAU after that incident if i remember right. He'd help them get the ratings back up and hopefully, if 'CAU does it, will get some new toys for him when he gets here to make sure that that doesn't happen again, lol. EarthWatch is still a trusted and recognized name here and for him to be back at the helm, it would be awesome!

If John went back to WCAU, it would be enough for me to have faith in them again.

If John went to...say, KYW, and tag-teamed with Kathy Orr for the evening news...that alone would probably be enough to rival WPVI's #1 spot for a sweeps period or two.

-T

If John went back to WCAU, it would be enough for me to have faith in them again.

If John went to...say, KYW, and tag-teamed with Kathy Orr for the evening news...that alone would probably be enough to rival WPVI's #1 spot for a sweeps period or two.

-T

See I don't see John wanting to go to KYW where he would have to share the top spot with someone. If he's going to go anywhere, it'll be a place where he would get top billing exclusively and that's why I think 10's got a better chance of getting him than 3.

-T

See I don't see John wanting to go to KYW where he would have to share the top spot with someone. If he's going to go anywhere, it'll be a place where he would get top billing exclusively and that's why I think 10's got a better chance of getting him than 3.

I agree. Do u think perfect timing could be in order? Cecily Tynan goes on maturity leave..."herrrrrreee's Johnny!'?

-T

I agree. Do u think perfect timing could be in order? Cecily Tynan goes on maturity leave..."herrrrrreee's Johnny!'?

6 wouldn't hire him and he most likely wouldn't want to go there.

To reference my past post on this subject, the answer for WPVI is hell no!!!

WPVI like WABC never hires castoffs from other stations in the market. I don't know when or if WPVI has hired anyone from 3 or 10 but I know the last time WABC hired anybody from another station in market was probably Entertainment Reporter Katie Kelly from WNBC in the mid 80s.

WPVI like WABC never hires castoffs from other stations in the market. I don't know when or if WPVI has hired anyone from 3 or 10 but I know the last time WABC hired anybody from another station in market was probably Entertainment Reporter Katie Kelly from WNBC in the mid 80s.

That's NOT what I meant. I know darn well WPVI would never hire Bolaris, neither would I ever want him to go there! I meant 10's timing in bringing back Bolaris to the Delaware Valley air. Tynan goes out for a few months, Bolaris comes in.

WABC has hired people from other stations in the market. Their current morning anchor, Ken Rosato worked as anchor and reporter at FOX5 WNYW.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I know what you mean now Cecily goes on maturnity leave Bolaris comes back on the air at 10.

It's cool. Sorry if I came across ranting, lol. But yeah, that's what I was getting at. 10's ratings stealer from 6 to get back in the 11 pm race.

WABC has hired people from other stations in the market. Their current morning anchor, Ken Rosato worked as anchor and reporter at FOX5 WNYW.

This is true - but the key to the WABC part is that they don't hire people who weren't successful at another station in the market. Ken Rosato was freelance at WNYW, and freelance at WABC for 4 years before getting to where he is now.

There are some rumblings that he's talked to WNYW because Swanson and Leone are there. Swanson was the one who hired him with a huge contract for WCBS.

I've mixed feelings about this, if true. First, Nick Gregory is a solid meteorologist and is the man behind all the new weather promos. Two, is that some say Swanson really only hired John to pull him away from Philadelphia and hurt NBC more than to help WCBS. Three- FOX just hired Craig Allen; they have a strong team now overall. What shift would John fit in?

On the other hand, I hope John does get something good. He deserves much better than the way WCBS has treated him or all their people for that matter. >:)

I hope one day most of the people they kicked out for their own stupid reasons rise up and revolt but the best revenge has been seeing them all get better jobs at other stations, and they all seem more energetic and happier. ;D

I like Mike Woods, and I like Tracy Humphrey, but are they even meteorologists? Are they just pretty faces in front of the camera?

Nick & Craig we know about already and have the test of time behind them and are NY-ers and icons in the city.

Archived