Fox and Sinclair finalizing purchase of six stations

ColDayNews

Lol you can have KTVU. I was itching for a huge overhaul and look when they took over but nope, It’s been a train wreck but love how they pushed more news coverage.

Remember the supposed "outrage" the bay area was gonna experience once FOX took over...

"Riots in the streets..."

"Lizards walking upright..."

Disclaimer: I'm an "Oakland 415"

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the supposed "outrage" the bay area was gonna experience once FOX took over...

"Riots in the streets..."

"Lizards walking upright..."

Disclaimer: I'm an "Oakland 415"

Boy i thought things went well when KTVU finally got their wish as an O&O.

Guess we were wrong

Guess we were wrong

I think it's gone quite well when you consider what the task at hand was / is.

They have lowered the labor cost while not destroying the product or the billing.

Finally...

You cannot allow labor unions to run your shop anymore.

FOX needed to regain control of KTVU because the inmates were running the asylum.

It will come out soon enough about what really happened to Elaine Corral and Leslie G. but it was all sexual harassment on the part of a former male a....(tbc)

It will come out soon enough about what really happened to Elaine Corral and Leslie G. but it was all sexual harassment on the part of a former male anchor.

Oooh the Tea! LOL

Guess we were wrong

Just like my old avatar which was a Boxkite Mock wishing they were an O&O way before it happened.

Our dream only lasted 6 months before the Bay Breeze and winds came in like gangbusters sending the BoxKite flying away and getting stuck on a tree somewhere on Mt. Diablo or Mt. Tam.

It’s already been discussed why they never wanted the FOX Look by a former KTVU employee and a notable person who is part of TVNT.

I’m part of that 1% who wished they kept the O&O logo and implemented the Mic flags and not be basic with a white mic flag with a black laser 2. If you can change the weather center banner from Storm Tracker to Weather Authority and paint the top of the desk black, please let me add my two cents and update the KTVU 2 NEWS Banner.

I’m guessing the upstairs set got canned because it’s been almost 2 years since they have been doing the 9am show in the newsroom.

Oooh the Tea! LOL

Just like my old avatar which was a Boxkite Mock wishing they were an O&O way before it happened.

Our dream only lasted 6 months before the Bay Breeze and winds came in like gangbusters sending the BoxKite flying away and getting stuck on a tree somewhere on Mt. Diablo or Mt. Tam.

I’m guessing the upstairs set got canned because it’s been almost 2 years since they have been doing the 9am show in the newsroom.

Ohhh...

So it was YOUR kite that messed up the ENG receive site dish on Mt.Tam.

I'm guessing that set it got canned for station security reasons. It was a publicity stunt just waiting to happen and I don't think that was any secret with the local professional shit disturbers.

I would not feel safe... nor would I allow my wife to sit on that set because you are literally a sitting duck.

Ohhh...

So it was YOUR kite that messed up the ENG receive site dish on Mt.Tam.

I'm guessing that set it got canned for station security reasons. It was a publicity stunt just waiting to happen and I don't think that was any secret with the local professional shit disturbers.

I would not feel safe... nor would I allow my wife to sit on that set because you are literally a sitting duck.

Cuz we have no f*cks like that one boat passing by that shot a fake cannon ball in the water behind the set and made Gasia crap in her dress.

Good thing SF doesn’t have a Streetside studio, it’s a zombie land near civic center and spilling onto Market St.

Can’t wait for KSWB to see how they run as an O&O it’s going from KTLA jr to FOX11 jr

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but with KDVR being sold to Fox and them sharing a building and resources with KWGN who gets what?

From what I've been able to follow, there hasn't been any announcement of KWGN being divested to anyone (Fox or another party), so it's sounding like the most likely outcome is KWGN being owned by Sinclair with a SSA with KDVR/Fox.

I suppose anything's possible, but I don't see Sinclair wanting to try to uncouple the duopoly in any shape or form. They probably will want to continue KWGN's newscasts as those bring in more ad revenue than the alternative. Trying to break off KWGN into a separate newsroom, product, station, everything probably wouldn't be worth it for Sinclair in the end.

I suppose another scenario would be whether Fox decides not to do a SSA for news on KWGN for whatever reason. In that case, then KWGN becomes a throwaway CW station owned by Sinclair and with no news, and then KDVR's newsroom slims down to producing news for only one station again.

From what I've been able to follow, there hasn't been any announcement of KWGN being divested to anyone (Fox or another party), so it's sounding like the most likely outcome is KWGN being owned by Sinclair with a SSA with KDVR/Fox.

I suppose anything's possible, but I don't see Sinclair wanting to try to uncouple the duopoly in any shape or form. They probably will want to continue KWGN's newscasts as those bring in more ad revenue than the alternative. Trying to break off KWGN into a separate newsroom, product, station, everything probably wouldn't be worth it for Sinclair in the end.

I suppose another scenario would be whether Fox decides not to do a SSA for news on KWGN for whatever reason. In that case, then KWGN becomes a throwaway CW station owned by Sinclair and with no news, and then KDVR's newsroom slims down to producing news for only one station again.

I’m guessing that KWGN will get its own facility where Sinclair will handle programming on its own. However, they could still do a news-share agreement with Fox and have news come out of KDVR instead of trying to build an in-house department and not making traction. That way, it’ll look like nothing has changed much.

I’m guessing that KWGN will get its own facility where Sinclair will handle programming on its own. However, they could still do a news-share agreement with Fox and have news come out of KDVR instead of trying to build an in-house department and not making traction. That way, it’ll look like nothing has changed much.

They wouldn't dare buy a new facility! Hub it all.

They wouldn't dare buy a new facility! Hub it all.

Split the building in half, like how KGO leases KRON upstairs and separate key cards to enter the back to back studios on the first floor.

Split the building in half, like how KGO leases KRON upstairs and separate key cards to enter the back to back studios on the first floor.

Well, for one Fox still controls the top floor of the building. I mean that Sinclair would own the station in tower, revenue and fees only.

If this is the case, this would make two strong independent stations in the state of Florida (WSVN one, the other being WJXT in Jacksonville).

And if I’m correct, doesn’t WSVN dominate the Miami market like WJXT in Jacksonville?? Two markets in the same state dominated by independent stations would be unprecedented!

Exactly!

Yeah!

And make them use porta-pottys so they can't mingle with the elites.

Wow. I didn't pay attention to this thread for a few days, then come back to see it's gone off the rails in seven different directions.

This thread is temporarily closed for clean-up. This is gonna take a while, folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sinclair could always move KWGN to The Chancery building at 11th Ave & Lincoln, in Downtown Denver it has studio space on the 11th floor, KDEN was in there for 4 years before they moved to the Comcast media center in Centennial.

Hate to bump a stagnant thread, but has there been any movement since the announcement?

Nothing further will happen until the Sinclair-Tribune deal is closed. For all intents and purposes, Fox is buying the stations from Sinclair, not Tribune.

Archived