Fox and Sinclair finalizing purchase of six stations

ColDayNews

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a FOX SOUTH FLORIDA Logo without #?

All Fox O&Os brand with a channel number, KSWB will be the only to brand with their cable channel number when they get in the fold (I doubt FTSG really wants to trot out "Fox 69" again lol).

"Fox 39 Miami" is the best bet. Doubtful they'd try "Fox 11 Miami" to reflect their cable channel number but who knows.

All Fox O&Os brand with a channel number, KSWB will be the only to brand with their cable channel number when they get in the fold (I doubt FTSG really wants to trot out "Fox 69" again lol).

"Fox 39 Miami" is the best bet. Doubtful they'd try "Fox 11 Miami" to reflect their cable channel number but who knows.

Or Fox 39 South Florida Cable 11, that's a possibility

I don't think KTBC was involved in that "proposed" deal. I only heard WPWR.

Yup, you're right, it was a simple trade of WPWR for KCPQ/KZJO and cash considerations, Fox never added anything beyond that (and they technically couldn't, not knowing if Tom Wheeler was going to strip the so-called "UHF Discount" rule, the reinstatement thereof by Paid Off allowed this to happen).

That trade offer came amid the threat of Fox stripping both the Fox and MyTV affils from KCPQ and KZJO and placing them on KBCB, a station Fox legitimately tried to buy as a bargaining chip, but gave up on when it was obvious it just couldn't work.

Yeah, the last thing they would want to do with KSWB is make it the subject of sexual innuendos.

It could work with FOX 11 miami, like San Diego's branding.

I came up with a couple possible logos once their acquisition goes through.

[ATTACH=full]6055[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6056[/ATTACH]

Cool! Although, I did my take on what the new KCPQ and WSFL logos would look like.

E8D39027-A9F5-49B4-9E00-7D54B4928B96.jpeg.9917bb17e79c141801f776bae6122201.jpeg

I’m sure FOX will get rid of KTXL’s funky searchlight X in the logo (never understood why they have the FOX logo like that) when they takeover.

Plus they need some new real estate... the place is pretty old, run down, too small and not in the greatest of neighborhoods..

[ATTACH=full]6063[/ATTACH]

I’m sure FOX will get rid of KTXL’s funky searchlight X in the logo (never understood why they have the FOX logo like that) when they takeover.

Plus they need some new real estate... the place is pretty old, run down, too small and not in the greatest of neighborhoods..

I Definitely agree. i think it would be way better if they put the searchlights right into the channel number like all the other Fox Stations.

That neighborhood is full of hard working blue collar and immigrant families that enjoy the many fine FOX television offerings.

It would be sad to see FOX abandon that neighborhood, and move to a more gentrified place in the 916.

Hug your pets.

The only thing conservative about KUSI is their set selection.

KUSI's on-air graphics have more of that mid-2000's Fox News look than KSWB or any of the FOX O&O's do.

Maybe Sinclair is waiting for McKinnon to sell KUSI to enter San Diego. KUSI would fit Sinclair like a glove, and their viewers wouldn't even notice.

KUSI's on-air graphics have more of that mid-2000's Fox News look than KSWB or any of the FOX O&O's do.

Maybe Sinclair is waiting for McKinnon to sell KUSI to enter San Diego. KUSI would fit Sinclair like a glove, and their viewers wouldn't even notice.

Here's an example:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkusi.images.worldnow.com%2Fimages%2F12307158_G.jpg&f=1

Sinclair would be a good fit with KUSI. They wouldn't even have to shell out the cash to upgrade the set. Their viewers don't care.

I could also see McKinnon acting as one of the shell companies operated by Sinclair. Win-win for them.

Here's an example:

[screen shot cut]

Sinclair would be a good fit with KUSI. They wouldn't even have to shell out the cash to upgrade the set. Their viewers don't care.

I could also see McKinnon acting as one of the shell companies operated by Sinclair. Win-win for them.

Gateway Computer co-founder Norm Waitt never sold his interest in the license of KMEG Sioux City once operating control transferred from Titan to Sinclair, and he's been in a number of business ventures which aren't necessarily right-wing. However, we've seen the Meyer family of KFMB fame cash out of broadcasting, so don't be surprised if the McKinnons finally do the same (especially after selling their Texas stations several years back).

I got this....in my next mockup.

The City of San Antonio had their chance to bring The Raiders to The Alamo City, but the team is moving to Sin City (Las Vegas). Speaking of Vegas, do you see KVVU as a FOX O&O if Meredith decides to sell to 21CF (21st Century Fox)?

The City of San Antonio had their chance to bring The Raiders to The Alamo City, but the team is moving to Sin City (Las Vegas). Speaking of Vegas, do you see KVVU as a FOX O&O if Meredith decides to sell to 21CF (21st Century Fox)?

For that to happen, 21CF would have to give Meredith something in return.

Since Fox is taking back ownership of KSTU, they could always use that as potential trade bait.

I could see KSTU (plus even a station like KSWB or former Meredith-owned WOFL) flipped to Meredith as trade bait for KVVU really, really easily--and that point is when I would begin to wonder out loud whether FOX will bid on both the AFC *AND* NFC Sunday packages when they're back on the market.

I get Salt Lake is a growing market, but I can't see them getting a football team any time soon.

Lol you can have KTVU. I was itching for a huge overhaul and look when they took over but nope, It’s been a train wreck but love how they pushed more news coverage.

Archived