Indianapolis Colts: Tribune --> Sinclair

Jacksonville Jaguars: Cox

Tennessee Titans: Sinclair

AFC West

Denver Broncos: Tribune --> Sinclair

Kansas City Chiefs: Tribune --> Sinclair

Los Angeles Chargers: O&O

Oakland Raiders: O&O

If the deal goes through, Sinclair will have 8 of the 16 AFC market Fox affiliates.

you should add the NFC markets of course FOX has those markets on lock but a few non O&O...

Be realistic folks. The bulk of AFC games will be on CBS stations. Fox will get the few flexed games, when the NFC visits an AFC team,and any Thursday night games. The NFL wants to maximize revenues, so keeping 4 networks involved helps accomplish that. Plus with the bulk of games on a single network is not feasible. The NFL will not reduce that level of exposure, plus there are markets with more than one team.

I highly doubt it. Because one generation won't don't be sure another generation will. Ed has other business ventures beside tv stations, but why should small family own station should sell to big corporations?

And what's to say his children don't already have some influence in Sunbeam, and supported Ed's refusal to sell WHDH to NBC?

WSVN isn’t necessarily a small family-owned station. In economy of scale, sure... but in terms of ratings and revenue, its the biggest small fish out there.

WSVN isn’t necessarily a small family-owned station. In economy of scale, sure... but in terms of ratings and revenue, its the biggest small fish out there.

As evidenced by the sheer amount of lighting in their "newsplex".

• 2 weeks later...
you should add the NFC markets of course FOX has those markets on lock but a few non O&O...
I'll do just that now:

Current owners of Fox affiliates in NFC markets:

NFC East

New York Giants: O&O

Philly Eagles: O&O

Dallas Cowboys: O&O

Washington Redskins: O&O

NFC North

Chicago Bears: O&O

Detroit Lions: O&O

Minnesota Vikings: O&O

Green Bay Packers: Sinclair

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons: O&O

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: O&O

Carolina Panthers: O&O

New Orleans Saints: Raycom

NFC West

Los Angeles Rams: O&O

San Fransisco 49ers: O&O

Arizona Cardinals: O&O

Seattle Seahawks: Tribune --> O&O

If this deal goes through, the only two NFC markets that won't have Fox affiliates owned by the network will be Green Bay and New Orleans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's going to be rather interesting is how Fox will attempt to reconcile KCPQ's modern (and IMHO superior) graphics and on-air look with the Fox News-esque look of their existing O&O's. I can understand the "appeal" of Fox News style on a local scale, but I think it's rather cheap in comparison to the look KCPQ has. KTVU right now especially looks odd since the "circle laser 2" does not blend in well with Fox O&O graphics. And considering Fox's own on-air look for its network programs, I think Fox could do better with how it presents itself at its O&Os.

How to go about it? Given KCPQ's news graphics use plenty of blue and green - essentially the "civic pride" colors for all the Seattle teams including the Seahawks, a good way to go about it (if only the stuffed suits at Fox would see) would be to color the graphics along the lines of either the local NFL and MLB (and in some cases, NCAA) teams or the colors of the city flag. It certainly would make the Fox acquisitions (and in some cases, reacquisitions) look more appealing in the end. KTVU would do well with ocean blue and the "International Orange" of the Golden Gate Bridge in its on-air look, while KMSP would thrive with Vikings/Prince purple as a dominant color. And if Fox were to indeed make WSFL an O&O, the Miami Dolphins colors would create a unique look in South Florida.

What's going to be rather interesting is how Fox will attempt to reconcile KCPQ's modern (and IMHO superior) graphics and on-air look with the Fox News-esque look of their existing O&O's. I can understand the "appeal" of Fox News style on a local scale, but I think it's rather cheap in comparison to the look KCPQ has. KTVU right now especially looks odd since the "circle laser 2" does not blend in well with Fox O&O graphics. And considering Fox's own on-air look for its network programs, I think Fox could do better with how it presents itself at its O&Os.

How to go about it? Given KCPQ's news graphics use plenty of blue and green - essentially the "civic pride" colors for all the Seattle teams including the Seahawks, a good way to go about it (if only the stuffed suits at Fox would see) would be to color the graphics along the lines of either the local NFL and MLB (and in some cases, NCAA) teams or the colors of the city flag. It certainly would make the Fox acquisitions (and in some cases, reacquisitions) look more appealing in the end. KTVU would do well with ocean blue and the "International Orange" of the Golden Gate Bridge in its on-air look, while KMSP would thrive with Vikings/Prince purple as a dominant color. And if Fox were to indeed make WSFL an O&O, the Miami Dolphins colors would create a unique look in South Florida.

That would never work here in NY with Fox5 considering we have 2 MLB, 2 NFL, 2 NBA and 3 NHL teams of varying colors and shades. Other cities with multiple teams (even not in the same sports) are not as color coordinated. In reality, Fox needs major updates to their graphics and sets (I won't touch the more important content which is an issue too).

PLEASE don't let this happened to WSFL! FOX is fine with WSVN.

That would never work here in NY with Fox5 considering we have 2 MLB, 2 NFL, 2 NBA and 3 NHL teams of varying colors and shades. Other cities with multiple teams (even not in the same sports) are not as color coordinated. In reality, Fox needs major updates to their graphics and sets (I won't touch the more important content which is an issue too).

WNYW already has a color scheme. the default colors are Yankees colors anyway. but what i'd do is have their sister stations (MyNetworkTV) use an alternate color scheme from the FOX station it comes from, much similar to CBS's Independent stations (KTXA, KCAL, WLNY)

From a graphical standpoint, the O&Os are due for a refresh/redo anyway (the current look dates mostly to ... 2013?) and almost all of them have scrapped the generic 2006-era news set anyway.

Look at the slight level of freedom KTVU was given graphics-wise after they became an O&O. Chances are they'll allow KCPQ that same exceptions.

And considering Fox's own on-air look for its network programs, I think Fox could do better with how it presents itself at its O&Os.

Network graphics are handled at Fox's headquarters in Century City.

O&O graphics are handled by the graphics hub at WTVT in Tampa Bay.

However, if they wanted to, they could have the network's graphics department redesign the on-air look of the O&O stations if they wanted to.

However, if they wanted to, they could have the network's graphics department redesign the on-air look of the O&O stations if they wanted to.

I thought the O&O graphics hub was out of FNC in NY? When'd they move?

WNYW already has a color scheme. the default colors are Yankees colors anyway. but what i'd do is have their sister stations (MyNetworkTV) use an alternate color scheme from the FOX station it comes from, much similar to CBS's Independent stations (KTXA, KCAL, WLNY)

Not the same blue.

(Not a Fox O&O But) WXMI Once had a Package based on the SO FOX TV season campaign from 2009-2010.

I thought the O&O graphics hub was out of FNC in NY? When'd they move?

Fox News designed the first O&O look from 2006 and maybe the 2008 HD redesign. The hub was always located in Tampa Bay.

Fox News designed the first O&O look from 2006 and maybe the 2008 HD redesign. The hub was always located in Tampa Bay.

fox news channel never did anything with the o&o graphics... tampa/wtvt originated the look... look closer... the first gen o&o look is just an update to what they had been using before fox decided to hub...

here's one of the designer's reels from 2007...

fox news channel never did anything with the o&o graphics... tampa/wtvt originated the look... look closer... the first gen o&o look is just an update to what they had been using before fox decided to hub...

But wait, there's more!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2098448/O-O

The graphics package for Fox's "Owned and Operated" affiliates throughout the U.S. was redesigned for national consistency for the first time in 2006 by the staff of Fox News Channel.

Here's another demo reel:

[MEDIA=vimeo]17237543[/MEDIA]

But wait, there's more!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2098448/O-O

Here's another demo reel:

[MEDIA=vimeo]17237543[/MEDIA]

WXIX/Cincinnati briefly used a version of these graphics back in 2007 in promos for their morning news and the 10pm news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkXKGWEqCJE <— FOX19 Morning News promo from 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YeavbIvVRc <— 10pm promo “The Most Powerful Name in Primetime News” sound familiar? And with Greg O’Neill!

WXIX/Cincinnati briefly used a version of these graphics back in 2007 in promos for their morning news and the 10pm news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkXKGWEqCJE <— FOX19 Morning News promo from 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YeavbIvVRc <— 10pm promo “The Most Powerful Name in Primetime News” sound familiar? And with Greg O’Neill!

They started at 4:30 a.m. in 2007?

Archived