Fox and Sinclair finalizing purchase of six stations

ColDayNews

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, but I got yelled at last time I made that remark and was told on by him to Weeters, so I’m try to keep the peace. I’m not here to piss anyone off. ...and...

I had two comments of mine deleted where I made a comment(which I’m okay with them being deleted), yet another poster continues to post nonsense off topic and sometimes inappropriate stuff yet none of it gets deleted.

Well to be fair... I called you "a dick" many times...and they all got deleted.

So somebody must be looking out for you.

:smash:

(whoops....missed one.)

Kinda surprised that KTXL is on this list while KSWB is not...

Maybe because Chargers left San Diego so FOX isn’t interested and KTXL is getting on the list due to the 49ers and Raiders being broadcasted in the coverage area.

Like a dog that licks himself, because they can!!

Except Fox didn’t mess with anything when they owned WJW the first time (movie selections for Big Chuck & Lil John excluded). Mike Renda struggled in Chicago and Philly, but he was a good GM for WJW.

Isn't WJW far and away the ratings leader in Cleveland? Why would Fox want to mess with a news department doing that well?

See I'm thinking the exact same thing. IMO, an 11pm newscast would hurt WJW in the ratings. Why fix something that isn't broken, am I right?

Once Fox buys back WJW, could the station shake up its news department and programming lineup? There could be the possibility of testing shows on the station as other Fox O&Os have done in recent years. Plus, I wonder if Fox 8 might end up in the 11pm news race.

Maybe they’ll drop the superfluous repeats of the 10pm news at 1am and 3am. But I don’t see much else changing, not even an 11pm newscast.

Maybe they’ll drop the superfluous repeats of the 10pm news at 1am and 3am. But I don’t see much else changing, not even an 11pm newscast.

It's going to become almost necessary to have an 11PM news once FOX begins Thursday Night Football--so if this go through I can absolutely see WJW (and the rest of the outstanding O&Os, for that matter) shoehorn it in by then.

Except Fox didn’t mess with anything when they owned WJW the first time (movie selections for Big Chuck & Lil John excluded). Mike Renda struggled in Chicago and Philly, but he was a good GM for WJW.

One of the few changes under FOX ownership was the dropping of the annual MDA telethon several years after the sale closed (FOX pulled it because they don't allow telethons) and it ended up on WBNX for the next few years....

Well to be fair... I called you "a dick" many times...and they all got deleted.

So somebody must be looking out for you.

:smash:

(whoops....missed one.)

I’m sorry, but why do you assume I’m talking about you? If I wanted to get into a back and forth with you again, I’d mention you by name. And why you so defensive?

Everytime you see him, he's always saying "Well, Eat is always saying this and what not"

He must be obsessed with you.

You must be obsessed with both of us. Where did I mention his name in my post? It’s like you’re trying to egg us on into a back and forth.

Maybe because Chargers left San Diego so FOX isn’t interested and KTXL is getting on the list due to the 49ers and Raiders being broadcasted in the coverage area.

But San Diego is just as close to L.A. as Sacramento is to the Bay Area.

You must be obsessed with both of us. Where did I mention his name in my post? It’s like you’re trying to egg us on into a back and forth

Everytime I see you on here, you always have something negative to say about someone whos posted on this site, whether it be in the shoutbox or in a thread. It gets old.

Everytime I see you on here, you always have something negative to say about someone whos posted on this site, whether it be in the shoutbox or in a thread. It gets old.

Well then you’re obviously not stalking me enough if that’s all you can find.

And again, who was I picking a fight with this time? Because I don’t recall calling anyone out.

Seriously, dude, go pick a fight with someone else because I’m not in the mood. Stop looking for trouble where there is none. Let’s try to stay on topic. Have a nice evening.

Well then you’re obviously not stalking me enough if that’s all you can find.

And again, who was I picking a fight with this time? Because I don’t recall calling anyone out.

Seriously, dude, go pick a fight with someone else because I’m not in the mood. Stop looking for trouble where there is none. Let’s try to stay on topic. Have a nice evening.

I'm just saying what I see everytime I see you on here but whatever.

I think most of you are forgetting that Sacramento is a top 20 market. Look at the DMA rankings. If this does pan out, Fox will have an O&O in every top 20 market except Boston. San Diego, on the other hand, is #29.

Being in Boston I feel left out. This is a gaping hole that should be addressed.

If only they held onto WFXT. It was better off under them.

What about San Antonio's KABB? Could FOX grab that station and become an O&O?

No chance. San Antonio doesn't have a football presence. Austin is the Cowboys' secondary market and is the only reason Fox didn't leave the market when they sold the other New World stations.

No chance. San Antonio doesn't have a football presence. Austin is the Cowboys' secondary market and is the only reason Fox didn't leave the market when they sold the other New World stations.

Plus, having a presence in a state capital helps its Dallas and Houston stations. That's the same logic CBS uses for KOVR and Fox will use for KTXL.

Dear God, Please let that happen. Fox should have gotten it before SBG got WOAI.

Funny thing is, Fox actually bought WOAI (then KMOL) in 2001 with the Chris-Craft/United Television buyout, then traded it to Clear Channel for KFTC and the Fox affiliation in Minneapolis.

Archived