Classic Columbus stuff - late 1990s/early 2000s

ColDayNews

WCMH:

<------ 11pm intro, 2000. Their last package before they got the Novocom NBC O&O graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=oIEDPmiBOLQ;t=526 <------ Red, White & Boom! 1995 broadcast

<------ NewsChannel 4 intro with Novocom graphics and The Tower.

WSYX:

<-------- tease for 11pm show with Bob Hetherington

<------- WSYX 11pm intro, 2002

<----- promo for NewsCenter, 2000

WBNS:

<------- WBNS intros 1996-98.

<------- Image promo from when they introduced This is Your News, 1998. Angela Pace can be heard singing at the end.

<---- Newscast from 1996.

WWHO:

Promos for WB shows and UPN stuff:

Dates back to 1997, when NBC sold to Paramount.

WOSU:

<----- these IDs ran from the late 1990s up to 2006.

I wish we had more WSYX from 1993-1999. So little from that time period compared to its rivals, though that’s just how number-three stations are (notably KTVX and KYW).

There only limited video, but what on YouTube and others video sites are out there. They had some good stuff from what I remember back in those good days.

• 4 months later...

So judging by that video above, WSYX switched to the NewsCenter format in either late 1999 or 2000. I moved to Columbus in April 2001, and by then they were "NewsCenter 6."

Archived